The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Slow Thunderbolt 3 ports on Precision 7740

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by jack574, Jan 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jack574

jack574 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hi

I've bought an external SSD which is advertised as up to 1000 MB/s, and Amazon and YouTube reviews show that people do actually get around that speed.

https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-Rock...s=sabrent+nano+2tb&qid=1578949239&sr=8-3&th=1

Connected to my TB3 ports, I get a max of 400 MB/s using CrystalDiskMark and copying several 2GB files to/from my internal M.2 NVME SSD.

Before I send it back for a refund, are there any settings I can check to make sure my ports are set up as they should be?

Many thanks

2. Ionising_Radiation

Ionising_Radiation ?v = ve*ln(m0/m1)

Reputations:
    You'll have to clarify exactly which benchmark in CrystalDiskMark you've used: a screenshot will help. Furthermore, this might also be a DMI bottleneck: see the block diagram.

Do try to use the Owner's Thread instead of opening new threads for each issue, as it'll be easier to consolidate issues.

3. jack574

jack574 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Ok, thanks. I'll post in the owners' thread instead and answer your questions there...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.