The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Dell Precision M4800 - Can GPU be upgraded?

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by SengXun, May 30, 2016.

1. tyrell_corp

tyrell_corp Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Nothing personal but I think you are doing it ALL wrong, as I am typing this on perfectly working WX4130 and WX4150 installed in EDP M4800, with HD 120HZ / and UHD (4k) 60 hz AVH innolux fitted machines. there is an issue you cant run VGA display on WX , but you can dongle it out via DP-to-VGA adapter everything is "dongle" these days, and not always a good kind :D

WX4130 is slightly weaker than WX4150 but its well above 2100 or 5100 cards.

I can try to pull BIOS from both and upload it to (where) both cards are from Dell. both work perfect.

also recently I have learned an easy trick to install drivers from (Precision 7730) "this is for savvy people (just extract with 7zip)"

and THIS allows me to have trouble free operation without... stupid... almost borderline idiotic bloatware... that AMD includes for some people who love graphs, and glitches, with spyware and constant jitter-ware, with pegging here and there all the f time... what bothers me is that if I had 16k resolution on my display they would still try to make huge senseless useless buttons and graphs in every corner...

anyways, just buy DELL card, and NO issues at all with WX cards... period.

Happy festive season !!!! (*_*) !!!!

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
    M4980 likes this.