The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Graphics Card upgrade for M6800 ?

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by derei, Jun 27, 2017.

1. DynamiteZerg

DynamiteZerg Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Are you sure you are asking this question in the right thread?

2. epsilon72

epsilon72 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yes :)
    I have an M6800 and once tried the FirePro w7170m (from the Precision 7710) in it, but it had no control of the fan and temperatures would quickly get out of control. I'm just wondering if anyone has gotten hold of the Radeon Pro wx7100 (used in the Precision 7720 and now 7730) to see if it has the same problem as the w7170m.

I'm guessing it will still have the issue, but I thought I'd ask just in case.

3. sinnko

sinnko Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello.
    In my Dell Precision M6700 IPS RGB LED I put the video card of Nvidia Quadro М5000М, accordingly changed the file of видеодрайвера of INF. M5000M works steadily and quite. Would like to specify, will there be a map of Р5000 to work in this notebook and where it is possible to get technical model vbios that this map correctly worked in this notebook with IPS RGB LED by a display???

4. DynamiteZerg

Reputations:
    Someone in the forum has already got the P5000 working in his M6700, just not sure whether his display was the normal screen or the IPS screen.

If you go through the last few pages on this thread, you will see a discussion I had with @iieeann and he did mentioned who it was and also provided a copy of the vBIOS (which works for M6700 & M6800) which I used in the P5000 install in my M6800.

5. madskillz

madskillz Newbie

Reputations:
    any updates on the P3000?

6. supermoth

supermoth Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi there.
    I was fat and happy with my Tesla M6 upgrade until last night.
    i needed to connect a tv screen through hdmi and I was unable to do it.The screen was not showing up on my tv.
    Did the test as well with another m6800 running a k3100m and it did work perfectly.
    Is the M6 unable to use HDMI?
    Shoud I use another cable?
    Thanks for your help

7. Aaron44126

Aaron44126 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Tesla is designed to be used for compute, remotely running in a server, so I wouldn't be terribly surprised if (some of) the video outputs aren't hooked up...
    You should check and see if the other display outputs work. Maybe you can use a DisplayPort->HDMI adapter if the DisplayPort works.

8. supermoth

supermoth Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    No luck whatsoever.I did try to get an Edp to Hdmi adapter and it did not work.
    Will a Vga to hdmi adapter work?
    Thanks

9. Aaron44126

Aaron44126 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    If VGA works by itself then VGA to HDMI may work.
    Are you running with Optimus on or off? If Optimus is on, the internal display and VGA are driven by the Intel GPU, so VGA should definitely work.

10. DynamiteZerg

Reputations:
    Just curious, did you try connecting your laptop to a dock and then connect the TV to the dock and see if it works?