The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

M4700 Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by ejl1980, Aug 11, 2012.

1. g1981c

g1981c Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    awesome ! saved it. i was going by 6700 manual before ... it is rather similar, but still nice to have the real deal.

no idea.

which page of the manual were you referring to regarding MXM slot ?

2. ejl1980

ejl1980 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    If you look where it says removing GPU, it shows the empty slot in the pictures. It says its MXM Type A on the picture.

3. appomo

appomo Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    got my precision today but it seems they put in the wrong monitor .
    i ordered the ips rgp panel but it seems i got the normal fhd one.

for the case someone want to get this monitor here some infos.
    the built in monitor is a LGD0308

spyder4 results.
    sRGB 99%
    AdobeRGB 75%
    NTSC 70%

edit: one question...can someone tell me for what the cylindric icon stands for? in the manual its doesnt tell which icon stands for what..and since it blinks i wonder what it is.

4. ejl1980

ejl1980 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I believe that is the ips. You have to change the settings to a rgb in the toolbar.

Are you referring to the hard drive icon?

5. appomo

appomo Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    its my first notebook so i dont know..when i would know for what it is i would not ask :)
    its the one on the left from the battery charge icon.

since its my first experience with a dell notebook can you give me some details of where to change the setting?
    its really strange that they dont deliver a real manual...there is just the general where is what description which is not very detailed too...

6. Danielkl

Danielkl Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yeah, the LGD0308 is the RGB LED backlit panel they used in the M4600 as well. It would be pretty shocking to have a mistake that large!

7. appomo

appomo Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    but why isnt it then 100 percent on adobe rgb?
    i used the spyder4 on two other monitors as well and it showed there the correct gamut percentages.

when there is the above mentioned option to switch to argb, can someone tell me where i can find it?

beside the color problem there is another one but for that i have to make photos or maybe a video to ask if that is normal or not.

thx so far.

8. Bokeh

Bokeh Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You have to make sure the PremierColor software is installed and that the color profile is set to "Full". You also need to be running the Dell Nvidia drivers - at least for now.

9. appomo

appomo Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    thx for the info, it seems to be not the case.
    i downloaded it now from the dell website and try it out.
    there is just one version which says its for the m4600 but since its the same display it should work too.
    i will update with a edit here of what came out.

10. SecretAsianMan

SecretAsianMan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hmm. In Dell's G+ hangout a few days ago, Mano (Sr. Marketing Manager for Precision) told us that the M4700/M6700 had new panels, not the same as the prior generation. Perhaps this one is a newer revision of LGD0308?