The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

M6800 Precision - Tesla M6 & Firepro 6100M - Working/updated/switchable graphics

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by Keep Guessing, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Defeatz

Defeatz Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Thats what my research seems to indicate as well. The latter half of haswell laptops they started soldering them to the boards and the cpus were not upgradeable.

2. Aaron44126

Aaron44126 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Yeah, I know they had some BGA 4th gen CPUs; I was going for more when they fully switched with no more socketed mobile CPUs available at all. They still offered socketed CPUs for 4th gen (obviously this is utilized in the M6800).

3. Reciever

Reciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    Maybe for some but for if we use Alienware as an example 17 r1 is as expected where the 17 r2 was all bga.

Lenovo had 3 different models for certain laptops that were basically all the same. T440 t440p t440s

Intel was just done with rpga

4. CLASSIF1ED

CLASSIF1ED Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    BGA goes way, way back. Case in point: Toughbooks and the X-series ThinkPads.

5. Reciever

Reciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    Thats not what is being disputed in this context, when rPGA was phased out altogether is.