The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Precision 7530 & Precision 7730 owner's thread

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by Aaron44126, Jun 27, 2018.

1. SvenC

SvenC Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Forgot to tick the fingerprint reader option - too late for that

2. Bokeh

Bokeh Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  3. robotx21

robotx21 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    How has performance/battery life been so far with the P5200? How does it compare to a GTX 1080 8GB? Thanks!

4. robotx21

Reputations:
    Confirmed (if you want to call it that...) through Dell chat that the P5200 is a Max-Q version. In fact all of the cards are Max-Q versions of themselves.

yrekabakery likes this.
  5. Bokeh

Bokeh Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I was seeing clocks of 1569Mhz and 12% performance loss vs the AW17's GTX 1080 OC graphics card on the 4K tests I was running. Is the Max-Q version of the P5200 limited to 1430Mhz?

6. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    125-130W sustained or peak?

What 4K tests were those?

Max-Q is a power limit, not a direct clock limit. The GPU will clock higher is less power intensive workloads like GPU-Z Render Test than in power viruses like FurMark.

7. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Ask them if they plan to put the proper Max-Q branding on their GPUs then, or otherwise provide vBIOS updates with raised power limits. What they're doing right now is fraudulent.

8. Bokeh

Bokeh Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Can you post the chat log?

9. skandal

skandal Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Does anyone have a 7530 without dGPU? Are the temps much better? And I suppose it's an entirely diferente motherboard.

10. robotx21

Reputations:
    Unfortunately I chose not to have it saved, so I no longer have it. But the person seemed confident (without any hesitation) that they were indeed Max-Q cards. I told him none of the literature/spec sheets mention this and he was passing that information along to perhaps have that changed. I find it interesting the HP G5 Zbook 17 does mention throughout that they are Max-Q cards (which according to another chat with HP, may be released/available to order July 11th).