The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Precision 7530 & Precision 7730 owner's thread

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by Aaron44126, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Alghorabi

Alghorabi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Would the hdr400 4k panel from the 7540 work in the 7530?
    My 7530 has the 6bit fhd panel and it has really bad colors.

2. frostbytes

frostbytes Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Anyone else here have Lightroom Classic and a 7730?

The 8.4 update to Lightroom doesn't seem to be seeing the Radeon Pro WX 4150 in my 7330 -- only the Intel UHD Graphics 630 -- so performance in Lightroom is sluggish compared to 8.3.

Is there anything I can try to get Lightroom to "see"/use the 4150?

3. frostbytes

Reputations:
  4. Aaron44126

Aaron44126 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Can't speak for AMD but I've done this for both NVIDIA and Intel, and it is "usually" fine. Worst case, just roll back. The easiest way to do this is probably to just make sure that you set a System Restore point before installing the driver from AMD.

Nowadays I normally suggest to stick with what Dell has put out unless you have a specific need to do otherwise. In that light, maybe consider rolling back if the new driver from AMD's site doesn't fix your problem.

5. frostbytes

Reputations:
    Okay, I just installed the new Dell-specific drivers from AMD. That did not solve the problem with Lightroom. Lightroom is only seeing the Intel 630 adapter. If I disable the 630 in Device Manager, only then does Lightroom see the Radeon Pro.

I've posted in the Adobe forums about this. Not sure if this is a Dell/Intel/AMD driver issue or an Adobe issue.

6. Aaron44126

Aaron44126 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Try this with the Intel graphics adapter enabled.

Windows 10 settings.
    Click "System" -- you should end up in the "Display" area.
    Scroll to the bottom and pick "Graphics settings".
    Select "Classic app" from the list and then "Browse" for the Lightroom executable.
    After you select it, pick "Options" and then set it to the "High performance" GPU.

Jacobus likes this.
  7. frostbytes

Reputations:
    DUDE! That was it.

I set that up a while ago when the version of Lightroom that I use was located at \Adobe Lightroom Classic CC\lightroom.exe. It was already set to high-performance.

However, a few weeks ago Adobe renamed Lightroom Classic CC to just Adobe Lightroom Classic and it turns out they changed the folder name as well. The executable is now located at \Adobe Lightroom Classic\lightroom.exe.

I deleted the entry for the previous folder name, created one for the new folder name, setting the entry to High Performance and now Lightroom detects and utilizes the Radeon Pro.

Thanks very much for your suggestion. This will save me time every day.

Jacobus likes this.
  8. Ionising_Radiation

Ionising_Radiation ?v = ve*ln(m0/m1)

Reputations:
    So, more strange behaviour.

The Lightroom/Illustrator/Photoshop power-saving 'feature' works only until the notebook sleeps. Afterwards, upon reawakening, power draw skyrockets to 30-35 W, even with all 3D applications closed (and 12 W on the CPU alone—the CPU might be sending draw calls to... what? I have no idea). Maximising Lightroom, oddly, drops the power draw to around 18 W.

On Linux, when the SDDM service (I use SDDM) is disabled, power draw is equally bad, at around 30 W. When it is enabled, Arch boots to a black screen (I have to change TTY using Ctrl-Alt-F2 to be able to log in), but power draw is at a gentle 8-10 W, and I can make the battery last 12 hours or so.

This is beginning to get exasperating.

9. Alec Maire

Alec Maire Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    To everyone still having audio latency issues post bios update, if you have an nvidia gpu make sure you select "prefer consistent performance" in nvidia control panel. I get perfect latency performance with this bios update and never get over 750 microsecond interrupts in latencymon after 5 minute+ tests.

10. Cugu

Cugu Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Ok good to know I will try it but how about the power draw in this case. I suppose that it will be much higher than without this option
    Edit.
    A have tried but the same latency sometimes higher than 20000us. But normally i use integrated CPU graphic processor so i think that this only get an effect if i switch it off permanently. Maybe similar option is somewhere in integrated graphic processor settings?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019