The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Precision 7560 & 7760 Owners' Thread

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by hoxuantu, Jul 8, 2021.

?

Which Precision do you own?

1. 7560

50.0%
  2. 7760

50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. thock

thock Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Which docking solution is the best for the 7x60? One of the Dell ones, or a third-party one? I have a dock for the M6700, which had an external monitor and various USB devices hooked to it (external drives, mouse, keyboard, etc.). I am not sure I'll need a dock, long term, and don't really need one now, but it would be nice to know what works best.

Edit: I have some Dell rewards points I can use through February, so I have a bit of time to make a decision.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
  2. Aaron44126

Aaron44126 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    We have used WD19DC and WD19TB with no real issues with either of them. WD19TB has a Thunderbolt port on the dock, but also requires that you connect AC power directly to the system in addition to the dock table. (WD19DC doesn't have Thunderbolt but can fully power the system via the dock cable.) Dell has replaced these with WD19DCS and WD19TBS, which are basically the same except for now lacking a 3.5mm audio jack.

thock likes this.
  3. thock

thock Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Thanks!

Edit: I just ordered the WD19S (couldn't find the WD19DCS and don't expect to need Thunderbolt). Expected delivery date is 4 February. I guess I'm glad I didn't wait!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
  4. rinconmike

rinconmike Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    here is the WD19DCS
    https://www.dell.com/en-us/work/sho...kWmOO9l356hw2JHbLrsJipQBRgPu4HPoKWYSzi5R9Jhn8

Shows ETA 12/9.

I am using this on a 7760 and 7560. Good so far. I do like having to only plug in the Dual USB-C and no power.

Edit here is the

WD19TBS
    https://www.dell.com/en-us/work/sho...kWmOO9l356hw2JHbLrsJipQBRgPu4HPoKWYSzi5R9Jhn8

thock likes this.
  5. alaskajoel

alaskajoel Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I had the WD19DC and while not requiring an additional power adapter be plugged in is certainly convenient, the fan on the dock was more obnoxious than the fans in my 7760. I switched to a Caldigit TB dock and a separate power adapter. It is two cables, but thankfully no obnoxious fan.

thock likes this.
  6. thock

thock Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Thanks, guys! I've put in a request to change my order.

7. RockoDesvan

RockoDesvan Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yes, I do have the latest BIOS (1.5.0)
    So, maybe there's an issue with the motherboard? :S

8. rinconmike

Reputations:
    Could it be an issue with the drive?

9. RockoDesvan

RockoDesvan Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    They already sent me a new drive (a 2TB PCIe 4.0 KIOXIA one), and the same behavior was presented. Temps of 80°C out of the blue, and poor performance.
    Does your PCIe 4.0 have a thermal pad on both sides of the metal plate?

10. rinconmike

Reputations:
    I have not opened the system so I do not know. I do not plan on it until I need to add another SSD.