The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Precision 7740/ 7540 specs / release date

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by kvandel, Mar 1, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ionising_Radiation

Ionising_Radiation ?v = ve*ln(m0/m1)

Reputations:
    Kyle likes this.
  2. Aaron44126

Aaron44126 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
  3. Ionising_Radiation

Reputations:
    Fair point. Nevertheless, the cat is out of the bag, and we can only wait and see what happens.

4. Martin Ro

Martin Ro Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Back in Feb Dell kind preannounced the 7x40 to be released in April/Mai when our IT asked for a price for my new 7730. Kind of "maybe better wait for the next upgrade". Two weeks ago our IT asked again and now they told them, it would be around July so maybe August

5. Aaron44126

Reputations:
    If you were dealing with the sales department, they would have just been speculating; they don't get hard information about launch dates much before the public.

6. Martin Ro

Martin Ro Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm not dealing with anybody but our it department.
    Don't know from whom they exactly got this information but had to deal with it because they came back to me like "maybe better wait till then and get the newer one ?".

But I said "thanks, but no thanks, too much banana in dell fresh product releases" and asked them to order the most likely more stable and reliable 7730.

I must admit that the newest i7 combined with an RTX quadro sounds really good but when I look at how long it took till the biggest issues with the 7x30 got fixed, I better stay with the 7730.

7. firest

firest Newbie

Reputations:
  8. Ionising_Radiation

Reputations:
    Kyle likes this.
  9. firest

firest Newbie

Reputations:
  10. Aaron44126

Reputations:
    It does have Intel 802.11ax Wi-Fi card options listed...
    Still gotta wait for actual specs on these RTX Quadro cards. They likely won't line up with the desktop cards of the same name. Interesting that there are no 1000 or 2000-level Quadro cards on the list. I was expecting maybe Pascal refresh cards like Quadro P1200 and P2200 to fill those slots. If those are really missing then it is the first time since at least 2010 (Precision M6500) that they haven't offered a full set of five Quadros.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.