The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Upgrading the DGFF GPUs in the Precision 7530 & 7730

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by Ionising_Radiation, Aug 6, 2019.

1. theBeachBoy

theBeachBoy Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    These are the current ID, prior to driver install, for reference.
    2.png

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
  2. theBeachBoy

Reputations:
    So I have a problem, every time I reinstall windows, everything works fine initially (as I could show you the above screenshots). BUT, as soon as I reboot, I have no more video.
    I did stop windows update to me sure it wasn't that, but I did not find how to deactivate the RTX card so it doesn't "try" to use it until I fix it.

When I right click on the RTX in the device manager, I don't have the "disable device" option, nor update driver or uninstall, I only have scan or properties. Seems as soon as I reboot and the RTX+UHD are enabled, everything stops working. I am trying to see how I can disable it another way to stop the conflict that seem to appear.

3. Ionising_Radiation

Ionising_Radiation ?v = ve*ln(m0/m1)

Reputations:
    Dump your VBIOS following my instructions, and let's see what's going on.

4. theBeachBoy

Reputations:
    I need to figure out a way to do it. When I install windows, I don't turn on internet and I have two "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter", I disabled both and then can install all drivers that I have placed on my USB stick

Then when I connect to internet, even though I have windows update off and both video adapters disabled, it still downloads something and reenables both adapters and then it crashes. When it updates, the "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" becomes Intel UHD 630 and Nvidia Quadro RTX3000... Before having a conflict and BSOD. When the two adapters become "live" I can disable the UHD but cannot disable the Quadro

I will try to do vbios and upload first when they are both windows adapters and then when they are UHD/Quadro but I'm not sure I'll be able to upload here.

5. theBeachBoy

Reputations:
    Btw the dell Quadro driver they have on their website is 442.83 and your version 451.77 so Dell seems late in their updates

6. Ionising_Radiation

Reputations:
    Do not connect to the Internet. Use your second computer to download nvflash and copy it onto the USB drive, and execute it from the drive on your Precision.

7. theBeachBoy

Reputations:
    Attached initial backup

I can't install Nvidia drivers J get the dpc violation BSOD during install :(

Attached Files:

8. theBeachBoy

Reputations:
  9. Ionising_Radiation

Reputations:
    Your VBIOS version is 90.06.2D.00.D1, whereas the VBIOS from a 7540 RTX 3000 I have is 90.06.39.00.63. There is a VBIOS of the 7740 RTX 3000 (I think) here, which has version 90.06.39.00.70, which is more likely to match up. It also reinforces the possibility that you have an engineering sample with a pre-release VBIOS.

Download the new one, and, once again, using nvflash, execute the following command:
    Code:
    .\nvflash64_patched_5.590.0.exe -6 '.\220318.rom'
    and reboot.

10. Aaron44126

Aaron44126 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    This is normal. Dell does not continuously update their NVIDIA driver. You might see two or three updates per year from Dell (slowing down as the system ages) whereas NVIDIA pushes out an update on their website once every 4-6 weeks. I do recommend that you stick with Dell's driver, at least until you are 100% sure that everything is stable.