The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

VosTro 3700 A12 Bios FULLY UNLOCKED

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by DoZe, Feb 3, 2016.

1. DoZe

DoZe Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I've made this mod a few month ago for a friend, here it is for NotebookReview ;)
    And mod the IDT sound driver for Win10 Too. (too big to fit here)

PROBLEM WITH NATIVE Nvidia DRIVER FOR GT330M : S-O-L-V-E-D

Add: Recovery: Post #15 and DOS Flash: Post #18
    Add: Modded Sound driver :OD : Post #34
    Add: Installing Sound driver (Yuva) : Post #42 (page5)
    Add: Bluetooth Win10 Driver : Post #56 (page6)

DeLLYeah!.jpg FuLLMen.jpg DellSounDhackbis.jpg DeLLP@wN!.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
    ygohome, abelinux, Ayham and 2 others like this.
  2. PhunkMaZ

PhunkMaZ Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi DoZe, thanks for your work! Can you tell me/us in short how to update to your modded bios? Currently im on version A10 and AFUWINGUI tells me that the ROMID is not compatible with the current BIOS ROMID. Do i have to programm all blocks or just the main bios image /w or w/o "Do Not Check ROM ID"? Sorry for all the questions but i want to give it a try ;)

Cheers,
    Phunky

DoZe likes this.
  3. bloodhawk

bloodhawk Derailer of threads.

Reputations:
    Firstly, NEVER flash the BIOS when in Windows. You never knows what accessing what, and you might brick your system.
    And read up on FPT to flash the BIOS. There are ways to avoid checking for the BIOS signing.

PhunkMaZ and DoZe like this.
  4. DoZe

DoZe Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @bloodhawk :

Yes, i totally understand your point of view about flashing Under Windows, be sure i NEVER put online my mod if i don't try it BEFORE.
    (I put the screenshot to prove it work really). This is why i'm putting the flash Tools WITH the bios too.
    i must admit, like you i suppose, but some years ago, i was furious when i see someone flashing bios in Windows ! ;OD
    Probably we are too "Oldschool", LOL

@PhunkMaZ :

The best way is to flash the bios with the A12 regular version BEFORE flashing the modded one.
    Yes, you need to check "programming all blocks"

Be VERY CAREFUL Under Windows.
    1) OF COURSE..... but we are expert here i suppose ? ;) COPY ALL the file on your hardisk..... (no problem like certain Asus bios (example for the G73JH....) who support only FAT32 (yes it's true....)
    2) AC adapter PLUGGED.
    3) A well charged battery.
    4) ALL antivirus, malware, etc... DISABLED BEFORE flashing.

Keep in mind that certain Advanced bios option could cause blackscreen at reboot, and you need to do a cmos reset to restart normally.
    Of course, i don't modify the default setting option list in the bios.

PS : to obtain a 100% working audio under Win10, you need the modded sound driver, because the Webcam Mic doesn't work without this one (you can see in the screenshot ALL input/output are present).
    I say that because when something goes wrong with a modded bios, some people think automatically it's due to the modded bios........

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
    PhunkMaZ likes this.
  5. PhunkMaZ

PhunkMaZ Newbie

Reputations:
    Thank you DoZe and bloodhawk for the explanations :) The book is not my "main machine" so i can take the risk and can do some experimental stuff with it. Some years ago i tried to get osx running and had many troubles with the graphics drivers (nvidia optimus). All i wanted to do is to disable the nvidia gpu do make osx think intel hd graphics is the only igpu. Had no luck at all. Maybe i can now try it with your modded bios.

Cheers
    Phunky

6. PhunkMaZ

PhunkMaZ Newbie

Reputations:
    Allright, i updated to A12 and after it was donw i tried to flash to your modded bios. Unfortunately i still get this error:

"4 - Error: ROM file ROMID is not compatible with existing BIOS ROMID."

Actual firmware id is Winery013, yours is Winery01. GUIDs are both the the same.
    Is it save to flash with the option "Do Not Check ROM ID" ?

Cheers
    Phunky

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  7. DoZe

DoZe Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi.

You have the Vostro 3300 ???
    According to the schematic diagram Winery013 is the 3300 !

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  8. PhunkMaZ

PhunkMaZ Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi!

No, its a Vostro 3700 with i5-480M :)

Cheers
    PhunkMaZ

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  9. PhunkMaZ

PhunkMaZ Newbie

Reputations:
    Allright, i checked "Do Not Check ROM ID" and crossed my fingers. All went fine except the white-screen on reboot :) Now i can fiddle around with the thousands and more options. Thanks again DoZe!

Cheers

Edit: It's a shame that tell didn't allowed us to switch hybrid-graphics. I switched to non-hybrid and now osx is working with native resolution and full hardware accelleration on the GT330. Long time ago i tried it for days and weeks without a solution ;)

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
    DoZe likes this.
  10. DoZe

DoZe Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Congrats ! :)

hehe......... Non working Win10 machine is a better solution for DeLL...... : "Buy a new one................"

This Bios can be a little bit tweaked :

1) Boost a few the GT330M "gently' (needs Vbios editing)
    2) Make a 100% error Free DSDT....
    3) Updating some Bios Module.

i'll do this if i have the time :Op

PhunkMaZ likes this.