The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

VosTro 3700 A12 Bios FULLY UNLOCKED

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by DoZe, Feb 3, 2016.

1. DoZe

DoZe Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi :Op

Happy new year to all.

I don't know if some people used again the 3700. But during the holiday period , i have the chance to reinstalling one with the Latest windows Flavor (20H2)

Working fine, but when it goes to sleep mode, sometimes when you wake up, you can have a beautiful BSOD with the famous : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

i search a lot and found who causing this :

Go to the Bios. Got to "Advanced" > "ACPI Settings" and set the "Enable ACPI Auto Configuration" to ENABLED.

Voilà :O)

2. Necrum

Necrum Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi DoZe and anyone who can help me with this, I've my vostro 3700 happilly with the A12 for a while, long story short, I broke my screen so i'm only able to get video outpit trough hdmi/vga. The thing is I (stupidly) changed my non-hybrid video card output to hybrid, and now i don't have any video output:( . Can someone upload a few pictures of the bios screens and the keystrokes needed to change the hybrid video card setting back to non-hybrid?

Thank you in advance :D

3. unnoticed

unnoticed Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Maybe removing the cmos battery will reset bios to default?
    If not, try blindly navigate the bios if you can look at a picture of the bios settings and press down, enter, etc etc until you can switch this to non-hybrid

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
  4. Necrum

Necrum Newbie

Reputations:
    I've tried that, no luck :(

This is exactly what I'm asking for, the ones on the first post are the best ones I could get. :confused:

5. unnoticed

unnoticed Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Can't find much online, based on these two images

https://i.imgur.com/zfLHQf5.jpg
    https://forum.notebookreview.com/attachments/dellyeah-jpg.131497/

If you can enter bios blindly.
    Press power button>hold F2 for a few seconds and wait.

After entering bios try this

right>right>right>right>down>down>down>down>enter>down>down>enter>down>enter>F10>enter

Or

right>right>right>right>down>down>down>down>enter>down>enter>down>enter>F10>enter

Or

right>right>right>right>down>down>down>down>down>enter>down>enter>up>enter>F10>enter

I'm not sure about exiting bios.
    Which answer is prefilled on pressing F10, if you remember?
    If YES is already marked, press enter to save.
    If NO, press right, then enter.

I assume it can't really hurt removing the cmos battery to reset bios settings, if something goes wrong remove it and start from beginning.

If anyone else, Owner of a Vostro 3700 modded bios, please post picture of bios.
    If you can, provide a video of navigation of bios

Necrum likes this.