The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

VosTro 3700 A12 Bios FULLY UNLOCKED

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by DoZe, Feb 3, 2016.

1. yuva

yuva Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yesterday I successfully flashed the modded BIOS on my Dell Vostro 3700 (thank you for the BIOS).
    Now I only miss the audio driver, before attempting w10 upgrade: is it derived form the standard win7 dell audio driver?
    Which kind of mod has been done?

BIOS Programming report:

First I programmed the original Dell A12 BIOS.
    Then, after reboot:
    0) Battery charged and power supply plugged;
    1) I run the windows flash utility on post #1;
    2) loaded the flash file;
    3) selected program all;
    4) selected override rom id check (or else it won't let me flash);
    5) checked both ovverride rom id and program all are checked;
    6) started flashing

Fan started spinning fast while the programming blocks are writing (only the bottom part of the blocks are programming in the window).
    After last block finished programming, I waited a couple of minutes, but the laptop did not power off (even by keeping pressed the power button).
    Unplugged power supply and battery.
    After reinserting battery I booted the laptop and went into new bios: the modded bios is present.
    Windows 7 booted again.

DoZe likes this.
  2. DoZe

DoZe Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The audio driver is a mix between the latest available driver for 7 and Hp and Dell *.inf and *.ini (modded) , *.dll and *.sys
    Very long to explain, and the highest working version i made (6.10.6467.0) when i had the laptop in my hand.

If someone can make some dedicated Space, i'll upload the modded one immediatly :O)

Last edited: May 30, 2016
  3. yuva

yuva Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thank you for your help and for sharing your work on the audio driver.
    In my opinion the best way to share the audio driver, given that the file size is too large for this forum, is the following:
    1) provide a link of the base driver (e.g. Dell audio driver)
    2) package a zip file with the modified files from the base driver and attach it to this forum (it should be small enough)
    This way everyone can obtain the working driver, by merging the components.

Or else you can try and upload to google drive or mediafire and provide a link.
    Let me know if I can help you.

4. DoZe

DoZe Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi , thanks for your reply !

Too many files are updated, the only file i kept from the OEM driver was those who concerning control panel and some .ini

Near all files from original Core, Dolby, are not from DeLL.

Here it is for ALL :OD

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3j9fduqptje785x/IDTW10V6106503(6467)DZeVTRo3xxx.rar

Need to be install in manual mode, let me know if when you used Digital Audio (HDMI) DoLBy is working fine.

Thanks

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
    Obiwanwrc and yuva like this.
  5. yuva

yuva Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thank you for uploading the audio driver.
    I will try to install in the following days and I will report my experience.

Inviato dal mio Xperia S utilizzando Tapatalk

6. yuva

yuva Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    By the way: is all the vostro 3700 hw supported in clean windows 10 installation, after disabling hybrid graphics and using this thread audio driver; I mean bluetooth, fingerprint reader...

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
  7. DoZe

DoZe Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi.

Yes no problem. All the hardware are natively supported. As you can see in my screenshot, No Yellow exclamation Point, as far as i could remember, i can say the "périphériques biometrique" Aka
    "fingerprint Reader" is natively supported.

The only "black point" was the graphics and audio driver, Now totally resolved :O)
    Some people used the Vostro as H*******tosh and it's fully working since the bios was modded too.

If you want to test the Dolby function, you need to have the latest revision of Win10. I know early release have some probs with Dolby Functionality.
    The Insider Preview build 14342 (May 2016) seems to be the good one to resolve Dolby Problems.

See here :

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...ncing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-14342/

" We fixed an issue resulting in audio crashes for users who play audio to a receiver over S/PDIF or HDMI, and use a driver that supports real-time encoding via technologies like
    Dolby Digital Live or DTS Connect."

But....... for IDT audio, i'm afraid the lack of driver will be the futur :O(
    Cause IDT audio related product are now sold.

The new owner is here :

http://www.temposemi.com/products/pclaptop-hd/

dunno if, in the futur will see new release of driver :O/

8. Obiwanwrc

Obiwanwrc Newbie

Reputations:
    Dear DoZe, first of all thanks for your precious work about the BIOS update: I could upgrade to Windows 10 without loosing the Nvidia card. After the upgrade, my Vostro has the following issues:

• sometimes the fingerprint reader is not recognized at startup
    • sometimes at startup the system stucks to black screen...
    • in the event viewer I can notice problems related to the MEI platform
    • I had to deactivate the bluetooth audio service, because it made the restart crash on bluescreen (the poweron/off worked fine, very strange), I hope on a bluetooth driver update
    • I can notice that the IDT audio Systray crashes at startup, even the one provided in your zip file. I am trying to update the driver forcefully, but I get an error regarding the hash not available on the catalog file...
    Thanks for your support!

DoZe likes this.
  9. yuva

yuva Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yesterday I did a clean install of win10 on vostro 3700 by using a dvd.
    I switched to Non-Hybrid mode in the bios and did the install.
    After some automatic updates download and some reboots, the system seems to work well and almost all the hardware is recognized.
    The nvidia video card works.
    A generic basic audio driver is installed and seems to work (I am able to listen, but I did not try recording through microphones).
    The fingerprint reader is recognized (but I dit not try it).

On the hardware page the only missing drivers are:
    1) two entries related to ricoh multi card reader
    2) an entry for ST accelerometer (free fall drive protection), on ACPI bus
    Does anybody have a driver for those?

This evening I will try this thread modded audio driver.

DoZe likes this.
  10. Obiwanwrc

Obiwanwrc Newbie

Reputations:
    Update: after updating the Hig Definition Audio Driver to the IDT you provided, the IDT Audio Systray doesn't crash anymore, in fact it doesn't load at all... and the microphone input doesn't work. I remembered that when you put in a mic on the jack, the IDT panel came out asking for a choice about the input you connected... maybe this is related to the mic problem.

11. Obiwanwrc

Obiwanwrc Newbie

Reputations: