The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Dell Precision 5510 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by Bokeh, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Aaron44126

Aaron44126 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    The undervolting capability was locked down in an effort to address Intel's "plundervolt" vulnerability (CVE-2019-11157 / DSA-2019-184). There is no expectation that it will be enabled again in a future BIOS update.

On some systems, users have gotten undervolting capability back by rolling back to an older version of the BIOS, doing a BIOS settings reset, and then upgrading to the new one again. Not sure why, but in this case, Dell's undervolting fix doesn't "stick" and you are still able to undervolt on the new BIOS. You could give it a try on the 5510.

2. martinez666

martinez666 Newbie

Reputations:
    Do you know wohich od the lasy version with unlocked undervolting? While i was digging through google i stumbled upon altrrantive solution that inclueded BIOS mod but i'm comftable with that

3. Derringer

Derringer Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    HI everyone my precision 5510 recently started giving me a replace your battery indicator.

Battery:Last Full Charge (%)
    The battery stored less than 40% of the Designed Capacity the last time the battery was fully charged.
    Battery ID 49976LGC-LGC3.67DELL T453X6A
    Design Capacity 83995
    Last Full Charge 31339
    Last Full Charge (%) 37

I have been unsuccessful in upgrading it from windows 7 to windows 10 , but that's separate issue from this battery indicator. Should I just get another battery for this to hang onto a while longer or is being stuck on windows 7 a liability for me? I've only been using it for personal use no longer business

4. martinez666

martinez666 Newbie

Reputations:
    Did some of you had issues with TPM updated? In my case update proces looks ok but after reset im still on version 1.2