The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Dell Precision M6700 Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by Bokeh, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Krane

Krane Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I suspected as much, and kinda knew there wouldn't be much support for it, but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. Anyway, thanks for responding. I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and get that Verizon mobile WiFi hotspot device.

Yet another expensive and electronically short lived piece of equipment I'll rarely use and have to keep track of. I guess we'll have to add more/better wireless connectivity to the list of the next generation Precision. At this point, it really should be able to do anything a cell phone/handheld device can do -- if not more -- but certainly not less.

2. Aaron44126

Aaron44126 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Early versions of the video BIOS for K3000M, K4000M, and K5000M had an issue not working if legacy option ROMs were turned off in the BIOS. (You can only turn off legacy option ROMs if UEFI is turned on.) You would just get a black screen, and resetting the BIOS by pulling the battery would get you back in a working state. This wasn't an issue when the M6700 first launched — the option to disable legacy option ROMs was not available until a BIOS update about 4 months later, when Secure Boot was also added for Windows 8.

This hit me personally on the K5000M when I tried to enable Secure Boot (which requires disabling legacy option ROMs). Updated BIOS for all three cards have been posted earlier in this thread, and I have them on hand if anyone needs them (just post here).

3. ijozic

ijozic Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yes, I know that - I've got the UEFI vBIOS from this forum - hence why I said I was waiting for an OC unlocked version of those UEFI updated BIOS versions as I use my laptop for gaming as well and the stock clocks on my K4000M are not enough.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  4. ccvortex

ccvortex Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Any updated info on Skylake Precisions?

5. Aaron44126

Reputations:
    See the "M6900 thread" for ongoing discussion if the Skylake Precisions. (We haven't had any new hard info in several weeks, but they should be announced any time now.)

Krane likes this.
  6. ccvortex

ccvortex Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  7. archmark

archmark Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hi all,
    Can someone upload the dell vbios of the quadro k4000m? I need to install k4000m on a m6600...
    Thanks in advance
    Marco

8. Aaron44126

Reputations:
    It's attached. Didn't mean to attach so many times. There was no visual indication that the file upload worked when editing.

[Edit] Managed to delete the extras.

Attached Files:

9. archmark

archmark Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Many many thanks!

10. Krane

Krane Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2015