The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Graphics Card upgrade for M6800 ?

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by derei, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Zero 1

Zero 1 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Mine had s p5000 in it . Didn't bsod or crash . Though I was using Optimus

2. Zero 1

Reputations:
    It was a pain in the ass to enable Optimus at first though but the p5000 worked fine it was the Intel drivers for the igpu I had issues with the igpu drivers caused a bsod until I figured out how to get Optimus working then it worked . If I disabled the Intel igpu the m6800 had zero issues using the p5000 I wish I had not sold the laptop but tines are tough .

3. Zero 1

Reputations:
    Now I have a aw 17 r1 with 4940mx . My m6800 had s 4910mq at sby rate like Aaron said you can use those cards without EDP . Optimus worked only after I installed the 2018 Intel drivers . Actually now that I think about it they were modded . You might get lucky .

4. pseudodeed

pseudodeed Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello, I have a Dell Leptop with an Nvidia upgraded Quadro M4000M (upgraded from K3100M). All drivers from type 466.77 no longer work. All older drivers will also work, only newer ones will no longer work. All newer drivers produce a black screen after installation. The laptop works, but after the uefi logo "DELL" I have a black screen. I've tried all the newer drivers, including the 496.13.
    I know how i have to mod the driver.
    Can someone help me analyze the problem? Is that a bug in the driver from version 466.77?

5. Zero 1

Reputations:
    Use nvcleaninstall it is easy to use once you install it once installed select hardware I'd and open device manager look for the I'd ending in go copy abd paste it according to the description then hit next . It should easily install and you should have no issues

6. pseudodeed

Reputations:
    Thank you i have tested this tool but after install black screen.

Can anybody test the driver 496.13 with an Upgraded GPU (Dell M6700 or M6800 with upgraded M3000M or M4000M or M5000M) please?
    To confirm if newer driver as 466.xx are working. The Problem is maybe the Bios or so....

7. Zero 1

Reputations:
    I have tested this on my friends m6800 with a p3000 and it works .

8. pseudodeed

Reputations:
    Thank you. Have anybody a Dell M6700 or M6800 with upgraded M3000M or M4000M or M5000M?

How can i solve this. Have Nvidia driver Log files?
    Thanks

9. Danyil Shkoropad

Danyil Shkoropad Newbie

Reputations:
    Do you have Nvidia Geforce(manager)?

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
  10. pseudodeed

Reputations:
    I have found out that my problem is only existent if the Intel GPU ist deativated in the BIOS and only use Nvidia GPU,
    and this problem is exist on some other dell workstations with older GPU vbios.
    Maybe anybody have a dell notebook with m4000m and can schare the vbios?
    Thanks

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021