The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Latitude 7400 2-in-1

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by neotechpc, Apr 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neotechpc

neotechpc Notebook Guru

Reputations:
  2. thenew3

thenew3 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    According to the manual on the dell support site, it's only available with 8gb ram and the i5-8265u cpu. no other options.
    This seems kind of strange. I don't know if they will update the manual in the future. I've asked our corporate rep and he says from the info he has access to, the current config is the only one available and he doesn't see anything indicating other cpu/ram configs will become available in the future.

3. jeremyshaw

jeremyshaw Big time Idiot

Reputations:
    I'd guess it is a placeholder until Ice Lake comes along. Either way, it's nice to see Dell is still trying to cram as much battery as possible into small chassis :D

4. neotechpc

neotechpc Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Strange. This was a January 2019 launch @ CES and at the time it certainly seemed to indicate it would come with a range of CPUS.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/1376...400-2in1-14-inch-display-24-hrs-battery-3-lbs

At the time there was a PDF tech spec sheet @ Dell's site which certainly listed i7 options, though I can't seem to find it now. I've had this pegged as the replacement for my E7550, so it would stink to need to wait until fall for Icelake...

5. jeremyshaw

jeremyshaw Big time Idiot

Reputations:
    Well, some indications from Dell and Lenovo hint at an early summer launch for Ice Lake U. Intel seems to have bet the farm on it, since their 14nm fabs are scheduled to be most impacted 2Q2019, right before launch. If ICU fails to get out the door, Intel will have lost more than 2 generations.

6. neotechpc

neotechpc Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    That would be good. Of course I've got a Sandy Bridge 2700K in my desktop that has been waiting for 10nm for 4+ years now, so I've learned not to bank on Intel actually releasing a 10nm CPU... lol

The 2tb PCIe SSD says Summer availability in the no longer available PDF, so perhaps they are planning a refresh of this model in the Summer.

jeremyshaw likes this.
  7. thenew3

Reputations:
    Ok just got an update from our corporate rep.
    Currently it seems the development is focused on the non 2-in-1 latitude 7400 and 7300. with 7400 being 14" and 7300 being 13.3".
    Both will start shipping shortly. Can be configured with various 8th gen cpu up to i7 quad core. 2 memory sockets available, user upgradable up to 32gb of DDR4. Comes with M.2 2230 and 2280 storage in both SATA and NVME up to 1TB. No 4k display, 1080p is highest.

There is also a new dock called WD19TB https://www.dellemc.com/resources/e...s/dell_thunderbolt_dock_wd19tb_spec_sheet.pdf

All will start to show up in the next month or so in limited config, with more options coming in Q3.

No new info on the 2-in-1 series. He still only sees the i5/8gb as the only available right now and no info on if other cpu will become available.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
  8. neotechpc

neotechpc Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Awesome. Thanks! Any similar spec sheets for the plain old 7400? If they can get similar battery capacity in there as the 2-in-1, I may prefer the plain 7400 anyways. 32gb of RAM would be nice. Hoping it is a similar metal design.

9. thenew3

Reputations:
    How about these

Attached Files:

10. neotechpc

neotechpc Notebook Guru

Reputations:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.