The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Precision 7550 & 7750 Owners' Thread

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by SlurpJug, May 30, 2020.

1. Mike-O

Mike-O Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm running a 7740, but I have the same problem with the headphone jack which occurred after a Windows update.
    I tried a lot of realtek drivers and the only solution is to reinstall the maxxaudio bloat.

2. Flitzpiepe

Flitzpiepe Newbie

Reputations:
    After a few update cycles the problem has reappeared on my machine (7750 here). Found out, though, external speakers work as long as they are connected to the headphone jack when powering up the system. Once I unplug them and plug them in again with windows running the system won't recognize them. Well, what the heck.... good enough to ignore it.... not worth the time.

3. heikkuri

heikkuri Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just uninstall Realtek drivers, restart laptop and install the latest Dell drivers again. This works for Precision and Latitude models.
    Sometimes just installing new driver over previous corrupts the sound. Uninstall and install takes a bit time but result is better.

Yes it's true that you have to repeat this install cycle few times year. Now latest Dell Realtek driver has been working OK whole summer.
    I have used Genelec speakers with jack, DAC with jack + Genelec and DAC with USB and Genelec.
    Dell Precision 7550 jack output is quite good. It beats many USB headsets. Using jack gives a better sound.

If you really want to tune drivers this maybe interesting. Made by Alan Finotty:
    https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/realtek-dch-modded-audio-driver-for-windows-10.250915/
    I just installed this after Dell driver. Not recommended but at least it fixed the problem what I had during that time.
    Today I run just standard Dell Precision 7550 Realtek driver. I am also a bit tired of Windows sound problems.

Dell Precision 7550 Realtek driver package size is huge. A07 is 994 MB! But Dell Precision 7560 is already 1.2 GB. In the future Dell Precision 7570 may break 2GB barrier?
    Dell Precision 7520 Realtek package A17 is only 42 MB. Good old days before Waves MaxxAudio or should I wrote MaxxxFileSize.

Flitzpiepe likes this.
  4. Erik W

Erik W Newbie

Reputations:
    Dell Precision 7550.
    Anyone else has problem with the rubber strips on the underside? One of them has come loose in both ends. It seems to have swelled because it doesn't fit the bottom plate if I try to glue it back. I want Dell to replace/repair (I have ProSupport) but they say it is a cosmetic issue so it is not covered. Really? If they come loose the ventilation will suffer so it's not only a cosmetic issue. This is bad quality.
    I could use my insurance at Dell which I bought with the laptop but why will they not cover this under ProSupport I wonder.

[​IMG]

5. rinconmike

rinconmike Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Call again and try another rep. Try Chat too. Everything should be covered. In the past on other system support would ask do you need anything else to include rubber feet.

Erik W likes this.
  6. Aaron44126

Aaron44126 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Pff. Try another rep. Remind them that the rubber feet affect ventilation and also that a wobbly laptop is obnoxious to type on. If they continue to give a problem I'd give them some "Really, this is your most premium business laptop, and you won't cover this simple but very annoying issue, that occurred after less than a year? You think this makes me want to buy another one when its time to upgrade?". It shouldn't be required, but if you have ProSupport Plus or accidental damage protection, basically anything that happens to the system should be covered. They'll probably have to ship an entire bottom panel and not just the rubber strip, but, you could also tell them you'll take the part only and they don't have to send a tech if you're comfortable replacing it on your own (...one of the easiest parts to do).

When one of the rubber feet came off of one of my old Inspiron systems, Dell just shipped me 10 of them (...I guess that's how they came packaged) without much hassle. And that wasn't even ProSupport, it was just the basic consumer warranty.

Erik W and Ionising_Radiation like this.
  7. Erik W

Erik W Newbie

Reputations:
    Called another rep. He agreed that they should fix this on warranty! So this seems to work out fine! Thanks for your comments. As mentioned it is part of the ventilation system so not only cosmetic.

8. TheQuentincc

TheQuentincc Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    speaking of cosmetic, Dell once agreed to RMA my 3510 because casing was cracked and a screw was missing.

9. rintalahri

rintalahri Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Do you know any good store where i can look those parts?

10. asalcedo

asalcedo Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I am trying to use Samsung Magician to safely erase a Samsung 970 SSD on my 7750

I created the bootable USB drive Samsung Magician but I can't boot on it.

When I press F12 at the start the USB does not show.

When I try to create a new boot option in the BIOS and select the files in the drive it does not boot.

How can I boot my 7750 on a, supposedly bootable, USB drive?