The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Precision 7560 & 7760 Owners' Thread

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by hoxuantu, Jul 8, 2021.

?

Which Precision do you own?

1. 7560

50.0%
  2. 7760

50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. alittleteapot

alittleteapot Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I ordered mine on Monday, July 19th and received today.

2. rwzeitgeist

rwzeitgeist Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    • June 24: Order placed for 7560. The estimated delivery date is August 6th.
    • June 30: Dell sent an email that my 7560 has entered production.
    • July 6: Dell sent an email that they finished building my 7560.
    • July 10: Dell sent email indicating the 7560 has shipped and has provided FedEx with shipping paperwork. This means the 7560 left the overseas factory, NOT that Dell has delivered the unit to the carrier, i.e., the provided tracking number is not yet useful.
    • July 16: Dell delivered the box containing my 7560 to FedEx in Chicago. Now the FedEx tracking number is useful. FedEx expects to deliver the box on July 18th.
    • July 18: FedEx sent an alert that delivery will be delayed.
    • July 19: A FedEx driver handed me the box containing my 7560.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
    alaskajoel likes this.
  3. Ionising_Radiation

Ionising_Radiation ?v = ve*ln(m0/m1)

Reputations:
    Ah, so around a month in general. Looks like the initial orders took longer to be fulfilled; mine went into production in just 2 days.

zhongze12345 likes this.
  4. summersun

summersun Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I notice in bios by default Total Memory Encryption and TXT Intel Trusted Execution Technology are available but disabled by default. Any thoughts on when to enable these or when not to when running Windows 10 Pro? Has anyone measured performance differences?

5. ccvortex

ccvortex Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Sounds like something is wring with your slot/spring. Mine goes in and out no problem. Am reusing the one from my 7740.

6. zhongze12345

zhongze12345 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I would expect it in maybe 2-3 weeks

7. rinconmike

rinconmike Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    My 7760 shipped quick. Not so on the 7560 for me. I had one ordered 6/16 with estimated ship date of 8/6 that I canceled yesterday. It was still not in production. I have another 7560 ordered 7/6 with an estimated ship date of 8/12 that is still not in production (Xeon 11955, A5000, UHD, 2x32GB ECC, 2TB SSD). I hope it moves into production soon. My 7760 ordered on 7/2, in production 7/5, building complete notice 7/20, shipped 7/21, arrived 7/23.

8. Chin_Chan_Lee

Chin_Chan_Lee Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does anyone else's microphone not work at all on the 7760? Even when I plug in earphone with a mic, I get audio through the earphone, the computer can detect a headphone jack input device, but no input actually registers, yet the same earphones/mic work on my other laptop for meetings, I installed the Dell Optimizer as a requirement for the audio driver, then installed the audio driver as well; which covers microphone-related drivers. The earphone aspect works, I get audio, but the microphone doesn't input anything.

9. rwzeitgeist

rwzeitgeist Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Plugging an analog microphone and earphone into my 7560 under Windows 10 Pro opens a "MaxxAudioPro Jack" window that asks what I plugged in. Testing the headset using the Control Panel sound page shows input from the microphone, and I hear audio in the earbuds.

Device Manager shows these three devices under "Sound, video, and game controllers":
    • NVIDIA High Definition Audio
    • NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)
    • Realtek(R) Audio
    Looking at Realtek(R) Audio Properties' "Driver Details" panel shows 5 drivers:
    • dmk.sys
    • ksthunk.sys
    • portcls.sys
    • RTAIODAT.DAT
    • RTKVHD64.sys
    Looking at Realtek(R) Audio Properties' "Driver Details" panel shows 5 drivers:
    • dmk.sys
    • ksthunk.sys
    • portcls.sys
    • nvhda64v.sys
    • nvhdap64.dll

thock likes this.
  10. Aaron44126

Aaron44126 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    You're supposed to get a window when you plug in an audio device that asks what you plugged in. If you don't get this and select "headset", then mic input will not work.
    I've had trouble getting this to appear on my previous Precision 7530. I just switched to using USB audio input to avoid the hassle...