The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Precision 7560 & 7760 Owners' Thread

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by hoxuantu, Jul 8, 2021.

?

Which Precision do you own?

1. 7560

50.0%
  2. 7760

50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Aaron44126

Aaron44126 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Seems fine for some users. I have issues on two different 7560's. One has a Samsung 980 Pro 1TB and the other has Sabrent Rocket Q4 4TB. On both systems, if there is a PCIe4 drive in the PCIe4 slot, it frequently disconnects or disappears. Sometimes it won't be detected at boot, and other times it works for a while at boot but then disappears later after the OS has been running. Seems to be an issue in both RAID mode and in AHCI/NVMe mode. The drive runs fine in a PCIe3 slot, and if I put a PCIe3 drive in the PCIe4 slot that is also fine.

Because the issue is so similar on two different systems (with two different drives) I can't believe that it's an issue with one of the drives.

Again, this is with the 7560. I wonder if it's less of a problem in the 7760 for some reason? I haven't been paying close attention to who has what out of the users who have tried installing their own PCIe4 drives.

2. Marrcin

Marrcin Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello,
    I wonder if someone decided to buy the 7560 without NVIDIA?
    I don't edit graphics either videos and I think I don't need the power of Nvidia's card. However, I have a bad experience with the intel's graphic on my current 7530 - on Linux screen goes blank randomly.
    It seems the problem is finally fixed on Windows, but my main working environment is Linux. That is why I am considering buying a 7560 with the RTX A2000 just to avoid similar problems.

I'm not sure if Nvidia brings any benefits if I don't edit graphics or movies. What is your experience?
    Do you know if setup with an Nvidia card makes the system warmer and the fans louder?
    Are you aware of any problems with the Nvidia card on 75x0 and Linux? If I decide to buy the 7560 with the A2000, I will definitely want to disable the Intel graphics card.

Is there someone who uses 75x0 with intel at all and runs Linux on it?

Thank you and I appreciate your every suggestion and thought

3. rinconmike

rinconmike Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thanks. That is what I was curios if anything changed on Magician and RAID. Some others have reported issues with drives in the Gen 4 slot and I wonder if it is a hardware issue, bios issue, or 3rd party drive firmware issue.

4. rinconmike

rinconmike Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Here is what I have.

upload_2021-8-6_7-33-2.png

Edit

Here is a clip that shows the driver version. I installed the one from the Nvidia site last week

upload_2021-8-6_7-41-56.png

Edit 2: I have Hybrid Graphics Enabled

Last edited: Aug 6, 2021
  5. Aaron44126

Reputations:
    You can see my post about fans from yesterday afternoon. I have a RTX A2000 in my system with the Intel GPU disabled. NVIDIA GPU doesn't seem to be an issue.

I always get an NVIDIA GPU because of the solid drivers. I prefer using it even to just run the desktop over Intel. On past systems I have found it to be just a smoother experience all around when comparing them. (...Also I might want to play with using the tensor cores for AI at some point.)

I believe this is the first Precision system with an Intel Xe GPU so it "should" be better than their previous offerings in terms of performance. I haven't actually tested it but I will probably get around to it at some point.

Can't say anything about running Linux though.

alaskajoel likes this.
  6. Aaron44126

Reputations:
    Mine looks just like yours @jack574. I have hybrid graphics disabled and I'm using the driver from Dell.

7. Aaron44126

Reputations:
    I tried using the PowerToys keyboard manager and decided quickly that it's a no-go for me. I use Remote Desktop a lot and I found that the keyboard mappings from PowerToys do not apply in the Remote Desktop session (but the keyboard mappings from SharpKeys do).

I'm playing with the idea of switching "Insert" and "Calculator" to "F11" and "F12". I don't mind losing quick access to the Insert key, it's a key that just annoys me every time that I press it by accident.

thock and LampyDave like this.
  8. jack574

jack574 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thanks.

Interesting - nothing to do with hybrid graphics then... I'm also using the driver from Dell, but it's the same driver I was using a few days ago when I COULD see "Cuda" in the list...

9. jack574

jack574 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Annoying - 2 stuck pixels on my 7760 1080p screen. They only stick when that part of the screen is a specific shade of grey though....

20210806_125906.jpg

10. Aaron44126

Reputations:
    Contact Dell and they will get that replaced posthaste.

alaskajoel likes this.