The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Precision 7720 Owner's Thread

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by BillDownTheStreet, Sep 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JDDart

JDDart Newbie

Reputations:
    OK, so my Precision 7720 arrived today, and everything's great (well, the keyboard not so much), but the panel has what I consider to be fairly serious backlight bleed from the top two corners, the bottom and the bottom left corner of the display. Is this normal for an IPS panel? Is it worth getting Dell to replace it, or will it just be the same on the next one?

2. Koniptn

Koniptn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So I am looking to get my hands on either a 7710 or 7720.

Both of these models seem to support the 4K IGZO display.

Is it possible to just grab a 4K IGZO and put it into a 7710 or 7720 that didn't previously come with one? Has anyone tried this before?

I am coming from HP land (I've had horrible luck trying to get my hands on a clean ZBook) where swaps like this aren't possible due to the BIOS having something they call FeatureBytes, which prevents a lot of parts from just working.

3. Aaron44126

Aaron44126 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    You can do this but you may need to replace the display cable as well as the display itself.

4. Koniptn

Reputations:
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
  5. RealJEDI

RealJEDI Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi,

With this ability I could use your help. As I wrote in the M6700 thread I am currently looking for the bezel + glass cover of the Covet Edge2Edge IPS display used in the M6700. I think I found the right part number (09PJJH) but I couldn't the part itself (not even used). And I don' t want to buy a whole used M6700 to get this part. Maybe you can help me. Thanks in advance.

Sorry for OT comment in this thread...

Cheers,
    Alex

6. Koniptn

Reputations:
    Did you try TaoBao?

I'm still new to Dells, so I haven't started locating all the places you can get parts from.

TaoBao has been really good in the past, but you'll need to make an account on their site.

It's all in Chinese, so I would suggest using Chrome and the built in Translate feature to make navigation easier.

7. Rippchen

Rippchen Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Can anyone dump the VBIOS for the P4000 for me. I'm about to upgrade my Precision 7710 and the P4000 is coming from HP. Any help is appreciated :)

8. lucirz

lucirz Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Anyone Able to install windows 7 on this laptop?

9. Ravenik

Ravenik Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi, I have a question which 1TB SSD/nvme M.2 ssd disc would you recommend for Dell Precision 7720? I ordered Samsung Evo 970 Plus 1TB with pay on collection in a shop, so I may resign. I have just read that Adata SX8200 PRO 1TB is considerably cooler ssd. Therefore I consider giving up on Samsung and buying Adata or maybe something else? I would prefer cooler ssd over even 40% performance increase. I think that anyway ssd nvme ssd must be very fast.
    Adata is also somewhat cheaper.
    I look forward to advice on 1TB M2 ssd model for this laptop? I have 2.5 disc place occupied by crucial ssd, so I need M2. It will be my first nvme ssd. I need it to install WIndows 10 and also to put some data.

10. mirage_bg

mirage_bg Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hello,
    Could someone dump his vbios from Dell’s P4000 and upload it here?
    I am in urgent need for it...
    Thanks in advance!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.