The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Precision 7730,5530,7530 (Coffee Lake) pre-release

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by sench, Sep 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dell-Mano_G

Dell-Mano_G Company Representative

Reputations:
    My responses in RED above. We are scheduling some time on the Precision Users Group for me to present the new mobile workstations and also have time during the session to answer customer questions. I'll provide more details when I have them. Oh and there's a typo on the 7730 spec sheet, it takes a 210W power adapter and not a 180W. With that said, this generation will have all new power adapters that are smaller and lighter. You can still use your old power adapters but the new ones are all new.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
    Asleep, Arondel, Michiko and 5 others like this.
  2. pantherqin

pantherqin Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thank you for the detailed answers. One small question, any idea on the release date of 7000 series in UK? (e.g. when can we order it online?)

Cheers

3. iieeann

iieeann Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    If intel graphic is disabled in the bios, how many display output from the TB18DC that will work from the discrete graphic card?

4. ygohome

ygohome Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Looking forward to the PUG presentation

5. Aaron44126

Aaron44126 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    @Dell-Mano_G
    Thanks for taking the time to answer questions. It looks like your team has done an exceptional job on the workstations this year. Looking forward to using them in person. Also interested in the presentation that you mentioned. Please pass along the details when you have them.

alexhawker likes this.
  6. Dell-Mano_G

Reputations:
    All 4 mobile workstations will be available starting Mid May, around the 22nd.

7. Dell-Mano_G

Reputations:
    The TB18DC will have the same number of display output as the TB16. This is due to the Thunderbolt chipset in the dock not changing to the next gen chipset that we have the 7000 series products. You can get more displays by direct connecting them to the system and also by daisy chaining them.

8. Bokeh

Bokeh Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Just got to see the whole new line of Precisions at the Dell Technologies World conference. Also got to talk to Mano. The new machines are instantly familiar, but are smaller and thinner. I was really impressed with what I saw.

alexhawker likes this.
  9. RvN76

RvN76 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    So 5530 still gets the old TB chipset?

10. Bokeh

Bokeh Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The 5530 is now 4x pci lanes for the TB. Also, being offered in black. I will get a picture of the black version tomorrow. It looks really good.

huntnyc likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.