The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Upgrading the DGFF GPUs in the Precision 7530 & 7730

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by Ionising_Radiation, Aug 6, 2019.

1. BotenRedWolf

BotenRedWolf Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I would be way more than on board with that, about what I paid for my M2200 last year

2. win32asmguy

win32asmguy Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
    That’s amazing, given that the RTX 3000 is a $959 MSRP upgrade from the Intel HD graphics on the US site. Usually spare parts sell for even higher than that!

3. frostbytes

frostbytes Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Sign me up if you get an affirmative answer!

4. Ionising_Radiation

Ionising_Radiation ?v = ve*ln(m0/m1)

Reputations:
    A heads-up for @faenil, @contradude, @BotenRedWolf, and @frostbytes: I've called Dell again and asked them to hurry up on the quote. I hopefully should receive an email tomorrow or the day after. I've asked for a quote for 3x 15" DGFF Quadro RTX 3000s (P/N MWDWM), and 1x 17" DGFF Quadro RTX 5000 (P/N K9TJP, as a favour to @Aaron44126). Dell has mentioned that I can ask for more after receiving the quote, so if anyone else is interested, feel free to pile on.

Be advised that as the stereotypical penniless university undergraduate, I haven't the cash to pay for the cards up front, so I might need advance payment from you guys (over PayPal, ideally). I won't ask anything until I've gotten the quote, and you lot have confirmed your requirement for the part.

Does anyone need heatsinks and the screws, too, or are you lot OK with getting them off eBay?

@win32asmguy, just to ensure I'm not bending rules: should I create an official Marketplace thread for this, or is this discussion A-OK?

5. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    My thought is while you are gathering information, this talk is ok here, but when you have numbers and such you should create a Marketplace thread. Happy to hear what @win32asmguy thinks as well. Also depending on the prices, I may jump in on this and try to find a cheap 7530, lol.

Ionising_Radiation likes this.
  6. Aaron44126

Aaron44126 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Actually if they come back with the same numbers as before I might ask for three :p
    We do have three 7530's at the office and this is sort of too good a deal to pass up. I'll have to talk to my boss about it though and of course advance payment could be arranged.

7. Ionising_Radiation

Reputations:
    Three RTX 3000s, I suppose?

Arman Shahinyan likes this.
  8. Aaron44126

Aaron44126 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Indeed.

9. frostbytes

frostbytes Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Brilliant! If it's not too much trouble, heatsinks and screws would be appreciated as part of it.

Is that the most powerful video card that can fit in a 7730?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2019
  10. Ionising_Radiation

Reputations:
    That's why I'm asking for a quote for the RTX 5000 :)