The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

VosTro 3700 A12 Bios FULLY UNLOCKED

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by DoZe, Feb 3, 2016.

1. DoZe

DoZe Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

See post #4 and #18 if you have a flash bios failure See post #15

But remember: you need to flash the A12 ORIGINAL version Before the modded one.

2. Carmelo

Carmelo Newbie

Reputations:
    Thank you for the answers Doze. I have flashed the bios correctly but now I seem to have another problem: using only the Nvidia GPU (Hybrid disabled) my Vostro 3700 has overheating problems, it reaches more than 100° and it shuts down when I play games and even when I use some applications.
    Could be a bios problem? I will try to open the case and clean fan, applying new thermal paste...
    Last question, do you have modded driver for audio that is very poor? I use Windows 7 64 bit and the driver you linked here for WIn 10 don't work.

THank you very much.

DoZe likes this.
  3. DoZe

DoZe Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi :) Happy to see you successfully flash the modded bios !

For the overheating problem, i can promise i didn't do anything with the Vbios, this is the original one, for sure.
    I never had this problem , i'm nearly sure the cleaning of your fan and Heatpipe will solve this problem.

For Audio driver, don't forget to disable the driver signature enforcement (like Yuva post #42 (page 5)) and install it manually, no success without this trick.
    All I/O works (no more problems with Webcam Mic) but you don't have the advanced control panel in the TaskBar.

4. Carmelo

Carmelo Newbie

Reputations:
    Overheating problem solved with the fan cleaning and the new thermal paste...;)
    I didn't understand what to do for the audio driver....I have Win 7 64 bit, are your modded driver good for this OS or only for Win10?

EDIT: I found how to install audio driver modded but I can't see any differences, audio il still low...:(

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  5. wac08

wac08 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everyone

I want to keep my usb ports powered during sleep.

What can i do?

In original A12 BIOS is ok

6. yuraer

yuraer Newbie

Reputations:
    @DoZe I have the same problem with Vostro 3700. I have done "bios recovery procedure" like you have written but it hasn't help me.
    Do you have any idea what else can I try?

7. DoZe

DoZe Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

Hi :O)

Can you explain me exactly which problem you have ?

Brick ?

Sorry for the late response.

Regards, Ray

Ps : i've bricked the Vostro 3700 when i made the bios, be sure, normally, with the recovery procedure, the laptop back to life.

8. yuraer

yuraer Newbie

Reputations:
    I have bricked the Vostro 3700 after bios update. Now I try to make recovery with 1gb fat32 flash-stick (winery70.hdr onboard) but laptop restarting all the time and blinking of all the indicators.
    It 's seems, laptop don't read from flash-stick

9. Carlos Maestre

Carlos Maestre Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello there,

I know this isn't the right model thread, but I wish to get an answer for my problem since it originated with this bios.

I have a Dell Vostro 3550, it bricked when I tried to flash it with an alt bios so I could turn off the hybrid graphics card.

Before flashing I backed up my original bios (with service tag).

I paid for repair and the guy exchanged the bios chip in my original motherboard and it points now as an Inspiron with a different Service Tag.

My doubt: can I update or write my original backup over this new chip and make it show as Vostro and my original Service Tag again?

[​IMG]

10. DoZe

DoZe Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Ah ok.
    I must admit, some usb key can fail. Don't hesitate to make some try with other USB key.
    Small as possible and do not choose the cheapest one.