The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

VosTro 3700 A12 Bios FULLY UNLOCKED

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by DoZe, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Sai_Shadow

Sai_Shadow Newbie

Reputations:
    Attention to the translator Google! (I from Russia) regards, expensive dose!

I want to sincerely thank you for this work! You greatly helped me! In me certainly everything strangely remained, because in me Vostro 3300 xD. My BIOS was renovated to A12 in 2014 the year, then to me suddenly it was wanted to open some functions, and without you, my by road DoZe, I did not manage. Now, when you include instead of vostro 3300, written vostro 3700, I do not know, why xD I am specially registered in order to thank you! Again thanks!)))))

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2017
    DoZe likes this.
  2. Crizby

Crizby Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi
    I've had trouble with my Vostro 3700. I flashed the bios (under windows- wish I had read this first) and bricked my laptop. Anyway, tried the recovery as suggested with USB but nothing happens - no lights on laptop or power button but fan starts up- screen is blank.
    I went through the process of buying a ch341a programmer and re-flashing the bios on to the chip which seemed to go ok but the laptop still powers up with no lights or no display. Any ideas what I might try next?

Thanks for any help.

3. jimmy jansson

jimmy jansson Newbie

Reputations:
    Black screen recovery (walkthrough)

Ok so I accidentally checked mxm support off in bios with non-hybrid graphics on.
    That resulted in a black screen with all else OK.

So this is how you recover bios blind:

Make the winery file and put it on usb described earlier in this thread.

Then, remove battery.

Put winery usb in usb port.

Hold end while connecting charger cable. Hold end like 10 secs.

So now the screen would have displayed continue with flash? But you need to mark it by pressing down arrow once, and then press enter.

Now it flashes recovery so wait for it one minute.

After it is done you wont notice, but if all is well when you press escape it will reboot with screen on!

Short version :
    1. Battery out
    2. Winery usb in
    3. Hold end
    4. Charger cable in
    5. Release end after 10 secs
    6. Press down arrow on keyboard
    7. Press enter
    8. Wait 1 minute
    9. Press escape on keyboard

Machine reboots and screen working. If this doesn't help my best guess is hardware failure.

Skickat från min ONEPLUS A3003 via Tapatalk

DoZe likes this.
  4. jimmy jansson

jimmy jansson Newbie

Reputations:
    See my post #93

Skickat från min ONEPLUS A3003 via Tapatalk

5. DoZe

DoZe Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi.

To use an eeprom Flasher , you need a Raw Dump or a RAW image of the bios file. This is why you obtain only a power up, but no light or boot.

Did you try the Jimy jansson or procedure in post #15 ?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  6. TuneMyDell

TuneMyDell Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys, even if this thread seems quite old there seems to be some activity. First of all I have been reading though this and to be honest I'm quite flashed by the enthusiasm of Doze here. Excellent job.
    Myself I'm still using my Vostro 3700 (originally i3 330M Itel HD grafics), which has now been updated to i7 620M and Win 10. This all went quite nicely and as I have on cpu grafics I don't suffer the grafics problems mentioned above.
    How ever I noticed a whole lot of more parameters in the bios setup and I was wondering if it's still worth upgrading my a12 BIOS to the unlocked version as it seems to offer quite some tuning and tweaking potential.
    Am I right with this?

Thanks

7. DoZe

DoZe Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi :0)

Sorry for the late reply !

From a "scratch" Post, what can i say fastly. Mhhhh… Well, it's still Worth the upgrade if you want to try some tweaks or use nvidia OEM driver.
    i didn't look if DeLL release a new driver for the nVidia GPU, but it's strange you can use it without the modded bios.

The original problem is, if you install Win10, the driver provided by DeLL can't be used, it's a custom driver and only works with "old" Windows.
    The main goal for the modded bios is to obtain the possibility of disabling the Hybrid Mode, and "shutdown" Intel GPU and to use only the nVidia one.
    Like this, you can use the nVidia OEM driver without any problems :0)

Very effective if you want to use the latest flavor or other OS for example.

Regards, Ray

8. TuneMyDell

TuneMyDell Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi Ray, thanks for your reply. Maybe I was not clear enough my Vostro 3700 does not have an NVidia 330. It is intel only. And therefore I don't need the GForce driver. As I just had it upgraded form i3 330M to i7 620M and to Windows 10 I thought there may be some room for tuning via BIOS. But there is really rarely an option the has to do with performace that can be changed, as far as I can tell after looking at the bios compendium metioned here in an earlier post.

Actully I didn't have to use the modded drivers from this forum. I have used DriverScape and Intel Driver & Support Assistent to work out all missing drivers like Bluetooth Virtual Device 12_0_1_718_20150729 and Base System Device Ricoh CardReader R5U230, v.2.07.01.02, A00 R253443 for Win10.

Everything works like charm.

Only the BIOS update has given me a littel bit of a heart attack. The flashing via DOS as discribt here worked fine. After the process had finished the system became unresponsive with the fan running at top speed. I waited a view minutes. After nothing happened I decided to remove power supply and battery. System shut down. Heart attack.... :D

Now I reconnected the battery and crossed my fingers hoping it reboots. ... And it did. I felt lucky having the bios recovery UBS stick in place and tried it before flashing the unlocked BIOS even if I didn't need it.

So again: greate job done by you guys here. Thanks.

If I can get hold of a dell vostro 3700 mainboard with nvidia I'll probably to boots it a bit more.

9. DoZe

DoZe Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

Hi :)

Happy to see an Happy 3700 fan again too.
    Happy New Year a bit late ;0)

10. Olivier PLICHTA

Olivier PLICHTA Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello from France ! I have a Dell Vostro 3700. Recently I updated it to Windows 10 (64 bits - family version) and I put the modified A12 bios. Now the Geforce GT330 is running well but I still have some unknow peripherals. I desactivated the Bluetooth in the bios because I replace the wifi card by a better one (Intel ac 7260) that also offers bluetooth 4.0. Here are the unknow peripherals (everything is working well on the Vostro 3700 so I have no idea of what it can be ...) :

[​IMG]

Any idea ?