The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Dell Precision 5510 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by Bokeh, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Bokeh

Bokeh Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    No issues.

Running W10 Enterprise. Very custom build.

2. threeply

threeply Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Excellent news, assuming you did a clean install can you list out some steps?

Did the machine come with W10 v1511?

3. pokenguyen

pokenguyen Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  4. Phinehas

Phinehas Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Interesting, I haven't seen anything as extreme as in the post you linked, but I have noticed a couple times that after startup (say a few seconds once its booted) the screen will suddenly have a noticeable magenta shift. It actually did it this morning. It hasn't seemed like a regular thing though.

5. planetweckesser

planetweckesser Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    How long ago did you place your order - I ordered 3 - 5510's Nov. 19 and still "In Production" and now order support is telling me the order is wrongly configured and will have to be cancelled and reordered. I ordered under business and will have to wait until my rep gets back from a second vacation in 2 weeks - next week. I think they may be having supply problems - if you configure now and get to the point of checkout they list 02/05 to 02/10 shipping dates!!!

6. threeply

threeply Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Similar time frame around 16th, are you in the US? You have a delivery date of February 2016? That's outrageous!

7. planetweckesser

Reputations:
    I'm in Florida - delivery date still says Dec 11 but Dell order support says order has to be redone . The February date is what it says online when you try to order now and get to the point just before "Submit order" - then it shows February.
    Have you checked on your order yet with Dell order support?

8. Phinehas

Phinehas Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    For what it's worth, I ordered my 5510 on November 10th and received it November 24th.

9. planetweckesser

Reputations:
    How was it spec'd out? Perhaps It is a matter of certain parts in short supply and the "early birds" got the worm.

10. Phinehas

Phinehas Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    IGZO UHD Screen, Xeon 1505, 16 GB, 512 M.2 PCIe SSD, M1000M, 84 wHr battery, 3 Year ProSupport Plus

Mine also showed as in production immediately as I placed my order directly through a Dell small business chat rep.