The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Dell Precision M6700 Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by Bokeh, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Academic6xxx

Academic6xxx Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    How many nits (precisely or roughly) is the IPS RGB screen (the 10 bit one

Edit: I read that it is 300. If anyone knows otherwise, please leave a comment.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
  2. Academic6xxx

Academic6xxx Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Can anyone share good M6700 battery replacements (brand and/or supplier) that you trust or have good experiences with?

3. nforce4max

nforce4max Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    eBay has plenty and for cheap often with very little or no use, the same goes for HP and Lenovo as I've had some great luck thus far. Just be sure to shop around and only buy oem.

4. pseudodeed

pseudodeed Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello, I have a Dell M6700 Leptop with an Nvidia upgraded Quadro M4000M (upgraded from K3000M). All drivers from type 466.77 no longer work. All older drivers will also work, only newer ones will no longer work. All newer drivers produce a black screen after installation. The laptop works, but after the uefi logo "DELL" I have a black screen. I've tried all the newer drivers, including the 496.13.
    I know how i have to mod the driver.
    Can someone help me analyze the problem? Is that a bug in the driver from version 466.77?
    Can anybody test with an M4000M the new driver 496.13, please? Is it working?
    All older drivers are working and the 466.77 is working to.
    Thank you

5. rinconmike

rinconmike Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I had a similar issue on a 7710. I posted in that forum at the time not long ago. I just went back to the prev driver I had.

6. pseudodeed

pseudodeed Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    A the m4000m was from a dell 7710. (The vbios is from 7710 to)
    Have you any solution?
    Is the problem with all dell 7710 with m4000m or m3000m or m5000m?
    Myabe the problem is the vbios?
    Can you post the link to the thread please?
    Thanks

7. rinconmike

rinconmike Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Looks like I did not post about it (I cannot find that I did). My solution was just to go back to the driver I had working and leave it at that. I do have hybrid graphics turned off on the 7710.

8. Csupati

Csupati Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi , I have a m6700 with firepro m6000 , and it will be upgraded to 970m 6gb as i see now , the x-bracket needed from the amd vga cuz the screws and the thread is shorter than the nv card, the heatsink no further mod needed , just the pads need to placed correctly .

9. jbuildit

jbuildit Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I also have a question regarding a Quadro M4000M upgrade, but mine is about overclocking. I had no problems overclocking my K5000M VBIOS, as long as I had Optimus enabled, but when I was doing the same process with the M4000M (and its respective VBIOS) I encountered a Hardware ID mismatch. I am aware that this is the reason we have to edit any GPU drivers but I am curious if signing a new firmware would be detrimental? The firmware ID ends with 16DA (as does the parts of the driver we have to edit), while the adapter ends with 053F.

10. M4980

M4980 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Heard good things about KingSener batteries on aliexpress, they have the legitimate full capacity and seem to be fairly reliable. I'm buying one soon for my m4800