The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Dell Precision M6700 Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by Bokeh, Aug 9, 2012.

1. CLASSIF1ED

CLASSIF1ED Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If you can't find a purpose for your M6700 Covet i'm sure there are many people out there who would want it *cough* me *cough*

microdou likes this.
  2. CLASSIF1ED

Reputations:
    Looking for a modded K3000M and K5000M VBIOS, is there one out there? Already got the one for the K4000M.

3. Aaron44126

Aaron44126 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    What mod are you looking for?
    I have this one for K5000M which runs it at a higher clock speed. It's a mod of the older version so to use this one you either need Optimus enabled, or, UEFI secure boot disabled + legacy option ROMs enabled.

When I went to dig up this file I also found this tool called "KeplerVbiosTweaker" which lets you make your own mods on a Kepler vBIOS dump. (Use at your own risk...)

Attached Files:

4. CLASSIF1ED

Reputations:
    One that unlocks overclocking, IIRC Kepler and newer Quadros are locked.

5. thock

thock Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    :D

I'm sure you would be so helpful! However, I do have uses for it. I just haven't picked which one, for sure.

6. CLASSIF1ED

Reputations:
    Buildzoid was right: Kepler OCs like high holy hell. I went from 600 to 1050 MHz core and 2200 on VRAM thanks to a modded vBIOS on a K4000M equipped M6700 I got in a job lot of laptops.

Machine itself is pretty meh, broken keyboard connector, missing keyboard, bezel, battery and base plate. Gonna keep the CPU, GPU, palmrest and upper lid and toss the rest when I get my M6700 Covet in the mail, hopefully next week or so.

Said job lot also included two M4700's lol, another machine for my collection I was after. One also has a broken keyboard connector so I tossed the board and bottom case. The other works just fine, just a little beat up but not too bad. Needs a battery though, it's missing.

7. CLASSIF1ED

Reputations:
    Just unlocked the 400 MHz Turbo Bins on my junker M6700, running at 4 GHz all core now, hell yeah. What other fun UEFI variables can I tweak? @TheQuentincc

8. TheQuentincc

TheQuentincc Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    if you want some defi, you can also tune your memory timings, like the M17x R4 you need to set each timings by hand, you need to set them all at once, because "at stock" they have a value of 0 iirc so it wouldn't work if you aren't setting them all
    You can also play with the iGPU enable and so on to get dual internal screen working (LVDS + eDP at the same time)

CLASSIF1ED likes this.
  9. CLASSIF1ED

Reputations:
    Is there a way I can run my 1600 MHz modules at 2133? I got CR 1T working though, had to set DIMM profile to Custom profile in NVRAM.

10. TheQuentincc

TheQuentincc Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    you might be able but it's unlikely since you can't change the voltage, as I said before you need to set each settings related to ram by hand (iirc, timings, frequency and "user mode" or something like that)