The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

M6600 Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by tomcom2k, May 23, 2011.

1. el0375

el0375 Newbie

Reputations:
    Yes GPU VRMs. I will go get some thermal pads and change the excisting ones ASAP ( any suggestions about thickness?). Thank you a lot

2. Tablichka1

Tablichka1 Newbie

Reputations:
    Guys, tell me which modem you can choose for the laptop. use a SIM card for the Internet. There are two modems, according to the specifications indicated on the official website, they are suitable, but they do not work. first: after installation, the laptop does not turn on, the cooler of the video card is spinning and that's it. The second is the same and the BIOS gives an error, the laptop does not load the diagnostics further.
    Ericsson modem on Windows 7, after installing the drivers, the laptop stopped loading, on Windows 10, it does not boot at all. Gobi modem, do not work at all in one of the systems.
    2 http://radikal.ru/fp/tjs7zs1q6zotw
    1 http://radikal.ru/fp/13a6dsfbc1p27
    Многорежимная мини-карта Dell Wireless ™ DW5630 HSPA-EVDO (Gobi ™ 3000) с A-GPS
    Одномодовая мини-карта HSPA Dell Wireless ™ DW5550 с A-GPS

Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
  3. Juhantti

Juhantti Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have to admit now that drying issue what was mentioned about Thermal Grizzly seems to be true. After 6 months or so on Dirt 3 are GPU temp is 96+ (I stopped gaming before it reached any higher temp). I have to change the paste again. This time I will put MX-4 paste. Let's see if that will last more than 6 month then. I do not want to change these pastes twice/year. Of cource there can be dust as well but 6 months is rather short time for that to be the root cause for the problem though.

4. Tech Junky

Tech Junky Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    @Juhantti

I repasted my machine using Antec Formula X ($7) ~11 months ago after testing a handful of pastes and it's holding strong. GPU typically stays under 70C and CPU in the mid 80's.

5. Juhantti

Juhantti Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks about info. I will try that then if this MX-4 has same problem. Do you also have Firepro M6100 GPU?

6. Tech Junky

Tech Junky Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    @Juhantti

I used to have an M6600 but upgraded to a Clevo 9750H / GTX1650 and it runs hot. I tested ~5 different pastes before landing on this one. I prefer a stable temp over trying to get the coldest temp for less expansion / contraction on the MOBO for durability. On my "server" though I'm looking at Alder Lake and they run hot as well and will be converting to Liquid Cooled on that beast from a dual air tower on a 8700K. For the server though I've been running a graphite pad for quite awhile now ~2+ years and haven't had any issues keeping it cool even under load Idle sits in the mid 80F's and load might hit 130F. Pad $10 I've considered taking a couple of them and sticking them in the laptop to see how they do but haven't had a reason to yet.

7. Reciever

Reciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    If mx4 ends up not playing nice might be worth looking at nth1. Not the best, far from the worst but I don't recall needing to repaste due to dry out

8. CLASSIF1ED

CLASSIF1ED Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    How do I unlock the CPU power limit on my M6600?

9. CLASSIF1ED

CLASSIF1ED Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    wat. I'm running a FirePro M8900 with the IPS screen in my M6600 as we speak.

Did you mean other AMD cards don't like eDP/the IPS screen on the M6600?

10. Reciever

Reciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    You dont, because you cant.