The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

M6600 Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by tomcom2k, May 23, 2011.

1. Tech Junky

Tech Junky Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It's just a fan app for Clevo. You can probably use it as well since it's not likely captive. Just google "Clevo Control Center "

2. Reciever

Reciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    You can just ask a mod to have it opened 99.99% of the time. Your machine is one gen older and different size.

3. m6874h

m6874h Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    What do you mean my machines is one gen older?
    Dell sold it with the 920/940 cpu's as an option.

I do get the weird feeling this motherboard is somehow "older".

4. Reciever

Reciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    Your laptop is 1st gen while the m6600 for this thread is 2nd gen. if it was just that alone really wouldnt matter much but the bios on the m6600 is kinda crap, also switched to 16:9 and basically had a design uplift as a result. iirc the m4500/6500 were 16:10 aspect ratio's as well as some other not insignificant changes.

Older machines did have a tendency to have no whitelist at all for GPU's though.

Just trying to say that just because its 1 generation apart there were a lot of changes so may not have much overlap from a knowledge base perspective.

You might have better luck in this thread as its the successor to the machine you have now.
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/precision-m4600-owners-lounge.581542/page-248

5. m6874h

Reputations:
    Thanks for you reply.
    I don't think you understand me.
    I am speaking of the M4500 alone.
    I want to know why the cpu is not working because Dell said it does support that cpu and they shipped that cpu.

6. Reciever

Reciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    I fully understand you. You need to slow down and actually comprehend my post. If you want to play it as "m4500 alone" then stop thread crapping and make your own thread.

I gave you a link to the m4600 as it's the same form factor just one Gen apart so you might have better chances of someone having both over there.

Your cpu is likely just dead on arrival. You haven't tested any known working 920xm I assume so assuming that it's completely functional on arrival and that the laptop is the issue is a bit backwards.

7. m6874h

Reputations:
    I tried a 2nd cpu...therefore it's not the cpu.

I'm guessing my motherboard just doesn't support it. Likely the first gen motherboard.

8. Reciever

Reciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    Thats a false conclusion to arrive to considering the lack of detail.

Was that second CPU known working by you? Or just some listing on ebay or alibaba? That just means you tested another CPU with unknown providence that someone claims to be working. Unless you tested that same CPU in another machine and it works but that detail is seemingly escaping all your posts.

first gen motherboard? What are you talking about? That model is only first gen, there are no other revisions.

To be honest feels like you just want to be disappointed if this is the level of investigation you are willing to put forth.

Rippchen likes this.
  9. CLASSIF1ED

CLASSIF1ED Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Very likely a fake/DOA CPU.

10. CLASSIF1ED

CLASSIF1ED Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Anyone know the thermal pad sizes for the M6600? I ordered Gelid GP-Extreme 0.5, 1, and 1.5mm pads.