The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

M6600 Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by tomcom2k, May 23, 2011.

1. Juhantti

Juhantti Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Please look my post
    Mar 27, 2021

2. CLASSIF1ED

CLASSIF1ED Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Great, thanks.

3. Juhantti

Juhantti Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Now I have problem that this M6600 does not recognize SD cards at all in my Win 10. I tried this SD card on mu M4600 laptop without any problem so the SD card seems to be working just fine. Also this M4600 has Win 10 installed. I also tried to update SD card reader drivers to this M6600 from Dell but was not able to do that. I got following error:
    upload_2022-1-4_10-52-24.png

Now I am stuck with this and have no idea what to do next. Disk management does not rcognize the SD card either.

SD card reader does not show on the Device manager either.

Does any one has any idea what could be the problem?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
  4. Intognito

Intognito Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I had problem with SD card too and actualy have it to this day. I cant read Mini SD cards in theyr adapter for some reason, and clasic ones show up but weirdly. Anyway if you want to just test if the reader is okay, try some Linux (I used Linux mint) as they dont need to be instaled and can run just fom usb stick, those load all the drivers and can see the SD card with no problem, exept those mini SD cards in adapter (I have no idea why). For the correct drivers... I dont really remmember where I got mine, It might have been trough driver booster, as I was trying to source all the drivers for the machine. But I think I can get drivers that my machine uses and somehow get them for you if necessary.