The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Precision 7560 & 7760 Owners' Thread

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by hoxuantu, Jul 8, 2021.

?

Which Precision do you own?

1. 7560

50.0%
  2. 7760

50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Aaron44126

Aaron44126 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I think these TDP values are a reasonable assumption, I haven't seen anything official from Dell. Basically it should be very similar to the RTX A5000 all around, just without the pro features, no enterprise/ISV drivers, but a good bit cheaper.

2. heikkuri

heikkuri Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Have you read carefully fixes and enhancements? Somebody is just using copy and paste to get a lot of lines.
    These may not help us at all.

Lately we have had few new models where USB Type-C ports don't charge at all when WD19DCS dock is in use.
    Charger must be connected directly to the laptop instead of WD19DCS.
    Let's see if this version helps or make things even worse. Last fix line is promising.

Version 1.6.1 release date 09 Dec 2021

Fixes & Enhancements
    Fixes:
    - Fixed the issue where the Alt Gr key on the keyboard does not work in BIOS Setup Menu.
    - Fixed the issue where the complete administrator and system passwords characters are not captured when
    using barcode scanner or the system keyboard.
    - Fixed the issue where Wi-Fi Device, Bluetooth Device, Audio Controller, and Pass Through MAC Address
    is shown as none in BIOS. This issue occurs when Admin Setup Lockout feature is enabled.
    - Fixed the issue where the Alt Gr key on the keyboard does not work in BIOS Setup Menu.
    - Fixed the issue where is no audio when the system lid is closed and Dell monitors are connected
    using DisplayPort, HDMI, or Type-C ports. This issue occurs with Dell Latitude 7420 and 6320 systems.
    - Fixed the issue where the system is stuck at Ubuntu logo while booting.
    - Fixed the issue where the system does not respond in BIOS boot menu after disconnecting the Dell W19TBS dock.
    This issue occurs when Enable Thunderbolt Boot Support option is enabled in BIOS.
    - Fixed the issue where the HttpsBoot screen is not displayed properly on UHD displays.
    - Fixed the issue where the system does not charge when connected to 9 V, 12 V, 15 V Type-C adapters.

Enhancements:
    - Updated the chassis intrusion security feature to restrict booting when a chassis intrusion detected.
    - Supports Realtek RTL8153DD-CG Ethernet Interface Controller.
    - Improved the Bluetooth mouse response time after resuming from idle state.
    - Improved the system stability.
    - Improved the functioning of the Intel Integrated Sensor Hub (ISH).

3. thewind21

thewind21 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I fixed the dGPU sleep issue by installing Dell Power Manager and Dell Optimiser while keeping Power Profile in Optimised mode.

Managed to get 6 to 7 hours of battery life doing light work with this workaround

4. jack574

jack574 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Has anyone had an issue with a wired headset mic recently?

I've got a Plantronics C310 wired headset and recently Windows won't detect the mic unless it's already plugged in before i boot the PC (Precision 7760) . The speakers are detected fine, and both the mic and speakers are detected fine on my other PC (Precision M6700).

I've tried different USB ports, including the ones on the PC itself to eliminate any issues with docks/hubs etc.

I've tried uninstalling it with Device Manager, rebooting the PC, then plugging it in again.

It's driving me insane!!

Any ideas much appreciated! Thanks a lot

EDIT - seem to have fixed it by unplugging my webcam, then plugging the headset in. The mic was then recognised. Plugged the webcam back in again, and all seems good. Weird...

Last edited: Dec 13, 2021
  5. Aaron44126

Reputations:
    This is a USB headset?

I've been using a wired headset via the 3.5mm connector lately. (Actually been working fine since I figured out using the "MaxxAudio" app from the Windows Store to set the mode of this port. It seems to "stick" in headset mode between disconnect/reconnect and reboot.)

I just tried it via USB and it picked up the mic right away.

Does your webcam have a built-in mic? Could it just be selecting the wrong input device by default when both are connected?

6. jack574

jack574 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    It is a USB headset, yeah. The webcam does have a built in mic, but the problem was not to do with the default mic selected by Windows - the mic from the headset was completely invisible to Windows - I could not see it anywhere. The speakers showed up as an output device in Device Manager, but the mic wouldn't show up as an input device... Was driving me insane!

7. win32asmguy

win32asmguy Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
    It appears the 7560 RTX 3080 is actually 110W. I am guessing that probably includes Dynamic Boost budget so its probably 100W+10W boost similar to the T15g Gen2.

Capture.PNG

It appears this is the part number for the 7560 variant:

FC17F CRD,GRPHC,NV,GN20-E7,DGFF2

Hopefully the latest BIOS they released fixes the combined load throttling issues. It was pretty easy to reproduce on the 7760, all I had to do was run Unigine Heaven and HWInfo64 Sensors, within 2-3 minutes the CPU would throttle down to 15W. I think using Throttlestop could fix it but I am unsure if there was a workaround for Linux as well. Maybe @Ionising_Radiation knows.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2021
  8. Ionising_Radiation

Ionising_Radiation ?v = ve*ln(m0/m1)

Reputations:
    I have a post, quoted below:
    Actually, not entirely correct. Another checkbox has to be checked as well, circled in yellow:
    [​IMG]

I don't see throttling on Linux.

win32asmguy likes this.
  9. Aaron44126

Reputations:
    Update on the disappearing drive issue.

I took the system apart today and located the switch in the PCIe4 slot.
    [​IMG]

I can definitely see that the plastic card holder thing might not keep the switch pressed all of the way down.
    I cut off a piece of an old credit card and glued it to the plastic holder thing.
    [​IMG]

I then installed the Sabrent Rocket Q4 drive in the system in the PCIe4 slot, with the credit card bit holding the switch down more firmly.
    [​IMG]

We'll see if it sticks. No drive disappearances so far. It normally doesn't take long.

10. rinconmike

rinconmike Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thanks for sharing. Maybe Dell produced a new card holder that will address that? Might be worth checking.