The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

VosTro 3700 A12 Bios FULLY UNLOCKED

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by DoZe, Feb 3, 2016.

1. jimmy jansson

jimmy jansson Newbie

Reputations:
    Usually it's the smbus controller or something similar like the sensor for dropping the laptop. Driver for it should be posted somewhere around here.

Skickat från min ONEPLUS A3003 via Tapatalk

2. DoZe

DoZe Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Please Give Ven_&Dev_ID it's a wayyyyyy more easier to help you :0p

3. krzesieg

krzesieg Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello, I have simillar problem like Youarer.
    I've tried put the winnery file on two different usb flash but when I'm starting my laptop with "end" key it looks like my laptopo don't see flash usb. Led in flash usb is blind. I do everything like in instruction from DoZe. Is anything more I can try or I have to change motherboard i my Vostro?
    I fight with my laptop from 4 days... :)
    Gregory

4. DoZe

DoZe Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Arghhhhhh Sorry for the late reply :0x
    i just see your post !

Did you find a solution or not since your post ? i have an idea but not sure : avoid big usb key, when i say "big" i want to say "more than 4GB"

Give me some news, if i can help, i'll do it :0)

5. TuneMyDell

TuneMyDell Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, just came across this. I hope you found a solution to your problem as it's ages ago now, sorry for not niticing this earlier.
    However I remember I've had a similar problem when upgrading my Vostro 3700 to w10-64 approx a year ago. I can't quite remamber what the solution to the Problem was. I had a few Devices not 100% working. So I googled the device ID's and found a few drivers. that took me on. I had especially problems with the Ricoh Card Reader and the STMicroelectronics 3-Axis Accelerometer and Intel Chip Set Drivers. I solved the Inter Driver problem Using the Intel Driver & Support Utility. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html. also I have used DirverTookit (www.drivertoolkit.com), which is a commercial produkt. I gave it a try (for free) and it solved my problems with the minimum subscription. I'm still a happy DELL Vostro 3700 User. I'm about to upgrade another Vostro to Win10-64 theses day.... Hope this helps.

6. netBAT

netBAT Newbie

Reputations:
    Looks like I may have missed this train...
    Although I guess I didn't have the right ticket anyway...
    I have a Vostro 3500 with the 310M + Intel HD Graphics which is still in great working condition, with the exception of the Win10 x64 Nvidia driver issues (or hybrid graphics I should say).
    What a waste :(
    OP, or anyone in the know who can help me out with with a compatible unlocked BIOS mod?

Purty please? :vbconfused:

7. stym

stym Newbie

Reputations:
    hello
    I am trying upgrade cpu in my dell vostro 3700. At this moment i have intel i5 m520 with integrated graphics and i would like to install i7-740QM. The problem is that i7-740QM do not have integrated graphics core and after i installing it in my laptop i see black screen. with all this i have seen that my dell is booting, but do not show nothing on screen.
    I found you unlocked bios (thank you for you job) and successfully installed it on my notebook. After that i have tried set "Hybrid Graphics" option to "PEG/PCI" instead "non hybrid", but unfortunately it does not helps. After installing back core i5 cpu i have found that the options is returned to "non hybrid" value.
    Could you please advise: what should be done to set discrete graphics card as primary (bootable) to make work with core i7-740QM

Thank you advance.

8. spungo

spungo Newbie

Reputations:
    MANY THX @DoZe for your work!

Upgraded from a10 to official a12 and then to unlocked moded a12, with no problems. Set video to non hybrid. Everything ran smooth.(i5 560m)

But later went further and bought i7 840qm instead of i5 560m. Tried many times to run machine, with cmos reset and etc, but everything i got was a black screen without backlit. Fan blows two times for a very short period at a startup, and nothing. Notebook seems to work, no bleeping or led blinking. Have changed to i5, everything starts well, video in bios is on non hybrid....hmm i7 back again, black screen.

Any ideas here, guys ?

Win 7 Vostro 3700

9. DoZe

DoZe Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Sorry for the late reply :

I never had the curiosity to look after the PCB schematic, but for me , it's probably the best way to see if a mod is possible.

Very often, the solution is in PCB schematic, removing some resistor, cutting or remove solder from pads or other thing like that.

10. DoZe

DoZe Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    QM is the one without iGPU , like the 750QM ? no ?