The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Precision 7510 Owner's Thread

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by scrlk, Oct 23, 2015.

1. windsurfer

windsurfer Newbie

Reputations:
    M2000M unlocked vbios

Boost/Core Clock 1254Mhz: -601 to + 601 adjustable
    Mem Clock 2505MHz: -1705 to + 2505 adjustable
    Voltage 1.125 V: 0 to +75mV adjustable
    Boost States: 64
    Power: 120W
    Temp Control enabled by default - adjustable 55°C to 89°C

Passmark 3DMark 3728(stock) --> 4342(mod4 +160MHz)

recommend a repaste, use mod4

all on your own risk

credits goes to Dreamonic@VOLTGROUD back in 2017 and the guys from MaxwellBiosTweaker, nvflash etc.

files here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aou0AHi3p_7xwTa5JaXFmtVA4wPj?e=ceSV3f

2. scmoky

scmoky Newbie

Reputations:
    Are you flashed that bios on your 7510 and everythings works ok?

my m2000m has stock 1.075V, 1136mhz core clock, and 1250mhz memory. So this bios increase only 3d gpu voltage to 1.125V or 2d too so its generate more heat?

Last edited: May 9, 2020
  3. windsurfer

windsurfer Newbie

Reputations:
    since 3 years... you can compare voltages etc. against each other with maxwellbiostweaker... voltages increase with clocks

read the chatlog to understand the differences in mod versions.

key point is, that it is unlocked so that you can change values with nvideainspector live

i'm getting a new notebook and just wanted to share it before deleting it....

use it on your own risk !

4. Estavan

Estavan Newbie

Reputations:
    What is your idle and stress temp? I had repasted and replaced thermal pads. I probably used to thick pad (1.5mm Gelid 12W/mk) for GPU. Now my temp on M2000M come to about 45-48 (idle) to 80 (stress). Cpu is working fine from 33 (idle) to 68 (stress). Any ideas?

Wysłane z mojego Redmi K20 Pro przy użyciu Tapatalka

5. windsurfer

windsurfer Newbie

Reputations:

Same temps here after repaste and Undervolt cpu And Cache To -160mv

best regards

6. 3psil0N

3psil0N Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello,
    almost a decade ago you guys helped me get my new laptop. So now i just came into possession of a Dell Precision 7510. It runs fine, and I've repasted and undervolted and get OK temps on idle and load...

except... for something called "Ambient Thermistor", this is in 50s on idle and reaches 80s in load, and the fan responds to it. It even gets hotter than the CPU itself...

A cooling stand barely did anything to change its temperature... just 1 or 2 degrees lower. It heats and cools with the CPU, but isn't affected much by GPU heat.

Does anyone know where is this thermistor and what I can do to solve the problem ? I'm on latest bios, latest thermal framework, this behavior even happens in memory test or bios diagnostics, so it's not a software issue.

Any ideas ?

7. Aaron44126

Aaron44126 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Check Windows advanced power settings, under PCI express, and see if "Link state power management" is set to "maximum power savings".
    If it is not, change it to that setting and see if it makes any difference.

8. 3psil0N

Reputations:
    I found it already set to that... I was hoping for someone to show me on a 7510 mobo photo where the thermistor is...

9. Aaron44126

Aaron44126 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Haven't ever seen details on where the different thermal sensors on the motherboard are.
    You can check the link in my signature (DellFanCmd) for some options on managing the fans.

10. 3psil0N

Reputations:
    Ok, can at least anyone else who has a Dell Precision 7510 like me confirm to me their ambient thermistor (and room temperature) temps so that I can at least know whether what I am seeing is a product defect or a normal behavior.

Ambient Thermistor in HWINFO is called "Temp2" under Dell EC section