The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Precision 7510 Owner's Thread

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by scrlk, Oct 23, 2015.

1. pseudodeed

pseudodeed Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Ok thank you.

2. basilml82

basilml82 Newbie

Reputations:
    HI Dell precision 7510 owners community ....

My Dell workstation 7510 have Seagate hard disk 512GB, I want to cancel it or maked 2nd dard disk , & install M.2 SSD, So no problem which factory the SSD from? such as Samsung evo, Crucail, Western Digital, 512 & 1TB? (as lone or main memory storage)

my laptop 7510 have 2 memory MICRON 4GB .. So no problem I add 2 MICRON memory 8GB? (..4+4+8+8 ram)
    or can the laptop have 2 MICRON & 2 Samsung/any brand (4 slots - 4 Ram memory) ? with any size ..

& it have 72 WHr battery, It will have problem for the laptop? Or trouble & heat for the power adapter (charger)? If I install 91 WHr battery ?

.... Thank you .. Basil

3. Aaron44126

Aaron44126 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    You can install any M.2 SSD. 1TB should be fine. (Some users have reported issues with 4 TB or 8 TB if you have RAID mode enabled.) Make sure you peel the plastic film off of the heat spreader when you install the drive, if there has never been an M.2 drive in the system before.

Mixed memory upgrade is fine if the module specs are the same. Doesn't matter if the brand is the same. Make sure that the timings (speed / CAS latency / etc.) of the new modules matches that of your existing modules. You can check specs of your current modules with CPU-Z. If the specs don't match, you might get bumped to a lower RAM clock speed, or the system may fail to boot worst case.

Doesn't matter which battery you use, it will only affect how much time you get away from an outlet.

basilml82 likes this.
  4. basilml82

basilml82 Newbie

Reputations:
    THANK YOU .. AARON

5. basilml82

basilml82 Newbie

Reputations:
    hello Dell precision 7510 owners community ....

It is safe to leave the laptop in charge and working for a long time, or same time not working, for 1 or 8 hours (ex. night .. for scanning or updateing or rendering work or dawn loading.. ets) ?

How with my dead battery, and with keeping it out of the laptop?

How in charging the laptop with sleeping mod? keeping for 1 or 2 hours ..

Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
  6. atrax0

atrax0 Newbie

Reputations: