The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Precision 7560 & 7760 Owners' Thread

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by hoxuantu, Jul 8, 2021.

?

Which Precision do you own?

1. 7560

50.0%
  2. 7760

50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. rinconmike

rinconmike Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I it is not loud. Quieter than my 7710. I hear other things before I hear the 7760 sitting in front of me.

2. lntosawe

lntosawe Newbie

Reputations:
    thank you ! If anyone else has an opinion on Xeon + A5000 regarding fan noise, I'm all ears.

3. RockDr

RockDr Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Fan noise is fine, a lot quieter than my previous Lenovo.

When they kick it you will notice it, but it won't disturb anyone nearby from what I can hear.

4. zhongze12345

zhongze12345 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    If anything, it's a bit too quiet. The fans usually stay at 90% under sustained load. At idle, it's completely silent.

5. rinconmike

rinconmike Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    This morning I went to update the firmware for my OEM PM9A1 2TB SSD. I previously update the bios to the latest 1.7.0.

This is the second firmware update I applied. I applied one back in December. This time I did it with command update. I did suspend bitlocker first although I do not think that was needed. The update took seconds. The system did not state to restart the system but I did anyway. On restart, I got a gray Bios Screen with a black box that noted

HTTP(s) Boot
    Failed to initialize network connection

I hit ok and screen went blank but keyboard lights on so after a minute I forced powered off and let to reboot.

On the reboot it rebooted into windows fine.

I went ahead and looked in the bios after and see the boot order is:

Windows Boot Manager
    UEFI PM9A1
    UEFI HTTPs Boot
    Onboard Nic
    Onboard Nic

The only thing I can think of is the SSD firmware update caused something where the system did not see the drive as a boot drive but on the second boot it worked.

Any ideas?