The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Precision 7560 & 7760 Owners' Thread

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by hoxuantu, Jul 8, 2021.

?

Which Precision do you own?

1. 7560

50.0%
  2. 7760

50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Aaron44126

Aaron44126 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Yes, it will also be different for each GPU type. NVIDIA probably produced them all in one batch which is why the version numbers are sequential. (.E7 most likely belongs to A5000 in 7560.)

In the 7X30 series, we had some success with taking the vBIOS from the 7730 card and flashing it to the 7530 card to increase the GPU power limit in the 15" system. If any guinea pig wants to try that... :p

2. arandomuser

arandomuser Newbie

Reputations:
    I recently got my Precision 7560 with the Xeon 11955M and RTX A2000. With Windows set to maximum battery life, the Dell Power Manager set to cool, the battery extender on, and brightness set to minimum, I am averaged 30-40 watts idling on the desktop and browsing the web. I have the latest BIOS and drivers from Dell. I have also tried updating to the latest drivers from Nvidia, but no change

zhongze12345 likes this.
  3. rinconmike

rinconmike Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    What app is used to see the system wattage being used?

4. Razibus

Razibus Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Are there commercial kits better than others to disassemble the laptops? Which one do you have? I already have the screwdrivers, I just need the rest.

5. Aaron44126

Aaron44126 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    HWiNFO can show the battery discharge rate "live" in the sensors window. For AC power I think you'll need an external measuring device ("Kill A Watt" or similar).

I don't have a specific kit, just a whole lot of tools/trinkets that I have accumulated over the years. Pretty sure my plastic pry tool came with a iPhone battery replacement that I got many years ago (...back when it was way easier to replace those). I know iFixit has some kits for sale.

6. arandomuser

arandomuser Newbie

Reputations:
    I was using HWiNFO, which I do remember other posts saying could be inaccurate. However, my battery life seemed to match up. I lost 15-20% every 30 minutes

7. rwzeitgeist

rwzeitgeist Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I dual boot Windows and Ubuntu.
    Does anyone have experience with Slimbook, a battery optimizer tool for Ubuntu?

8. Ionising_Radiation

Ionising_Radiation ?v = ve*ln(m0/m1)

Reputations:
    I must be one of the lucky ones this time...
    [​IMG]

I've gotten more than 12 hours out of the battery this time.

thock, zhongze12345 and alaskajoel like this.
  9. rinconmike

rinconmike Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    What specs to do you and what re the settings? What is the screen brightness?

10. Ionising_Radiation

Ionising_Radiation ?v = ve*ln(m0/m1)

Reputations:
    I have updated my signature to contain my specs. Dell Power Manager set to Optimised, Battery slider one from the leftmost, screen brightness around 20-30%.

thock likes this.