The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

M6800 Owners' Thread

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by billxt95, Nov 1, 2013.

1. ruboj

ruboj Newbie

Reputations:
    thank you for getting back to me so quickly, i'd like to ask some more questions if it is alright with you.

excuse my lack of knowledge on the topic but how do you add a hash string to the nvram ? can you point me to any guides that would enable a user to do the same ?

that's good to hear, can i assume that you used the stock nvidia heatsink for m6800's ? the one with a part number: K6D33 (here is an ebay listing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/133842142328) if so, how did you modify it in order to ensure that it fit in the m6800 ?

where did you acquire your pny card from ? i can only see mobile rtx cards from hp on ebay.

finally, and this may be asking much of you, would you mind posting the process you took to make the card work in your system as a bullet list in this thread ? it would be great to have it here in the owners thread for future reference.

2. Zero 1

Zero 1 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The card I have is basically the same foot print as the GTX 970 it's essentially a rtx 2060 . That uses a standard mxm layout . 700 buck card when I grabbed it as for a hash string it's just an nvram variable to allow the system to use the card since the card doesn't actually output video it pipes it through the igpu since it's a computer card . Oddly the ranger didn't need that shd it just works with Optimus ... Lol I really miss my m6800 . It was s beautiful machine the other issues I'd if it goes to sleep with the card plugged in you have to power cycle it a few times to get it to boot back up so best yo just grab a quadro p4000 since it can work with just an inf mod for the driver

ruboj likes this.
  3. Zero 1

Reputations:
    I'll need to get another m6800 once I do that I'll gladly post a step by step video tutorial .

ruboj likes this.
  4. Zero 1

Reputations:
    hmm i cant even find anything on the card on pnys website they do have a t1000 type a and a couple other rtx cards .. hmm

5. Zero 1

Reputations:
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
  6. ruboj

ruboj Newbie

Reputations:
    it really is, shame everything nowadays is being locked down in favour of thinness and lightness. when someone sees the m6800 they know you mean business.

looking forward to that day, in the meantime accept my sincere thanks for your time and answers.

cheers.

7. ruboj

ruboj Newbie

Reputations:
    i've found this on the pny site: https://www.pny.com/Quadro-RTX-3000-MXM is it the same one you have ?

8. Zero 1

Reputations:
    now there might be a way to use one with a power connector too depending on if we can route power to the connector

9. Zero 1

Reputations:
    there you go . that card would work but will be throttled which honestly is fine its still faster then a gtx 980

10. Zero 1

Reputations:
    looking at it again its incredibly similar the inductors on mine are in the exact same place as a 970 :) this is probably a refreshed version :)