The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Precision 7510 Owner's Thread

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by scrlk, Oct 23, 2015.

1. jkrzyszt

jkrzyszt Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I know it can cause problems but I checked it at the very beginning.
    I have two different power supplies. One original delivered with a 180W laptop, and the other also the original DELL but later bought with a power of 240W. I have two separate ones, one I use at home and the other at work on a docking station (old station type for the connector at the bottom of the housing). Both are correctly detected by sensors, example below.
    These situations happen on both power supplies.

[​IMG]

2. jkrzyszt

Reputations:
    For me it is strange that when Quadro is running slowly PerCapReason sensor shows nothing.

Do you know how power is supplied to the MXM port of the graphics card? Maybe there are two power lines and one is broken (broken, blown fuse, etc.). And that's why they sometimes work with full capacity and when a system heats up, it slows down because the power supply on the internal circuits of the board is insufficient?

And the situation was 5 minutes ago. I used my laptop to browse the net and read this forum, I fired the test again for trials and it goes, after about a minute the card slowed down again. Below are two screenshots (on both the power supply is correctly detected as 180W).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
  3. jkrzyszt

Reputations:
    Hello, I don't know what is the cause of the malfunction, but I managed to get to some observations.

Yesterday I tried to change the BIOS of the graphics card, my card originally has the BIOS with the designation 82.07.B1.00.04,
    on the TechPowerUp website I found a BIOS with the designation 82.07.B1.00.15. In order to upload the BIOS, I had to disable the card in the device manager, upload the bios via nvflash, reset Windows and re-enable the card in the device manager.

The card suddenly came to life, it started working properly, in the frumark around 40FPS, in the 3dmark test around 4800-5400 points. I tested for about 1 hour, everything was fine. This state of affairs lasted until the laptop was restarted.
    After the next reboot, the card has a low FPS efficiency of about 18 in Furmark, 3d mark 1800 points, worse than the HD630. I tried to do what I did when changing the BIOS, i.e. I turned off the card in the device manager and then turned it back on and then it was better.

To this day, the card works correctly more often, i.e. with about 7-8 laptop runs out of 10 possible, the card works great. The remaining 2-3 attempts are done in such a way that I turn off the card in the device manager and turn it on again and everything works.

What is this all about? I thought it was a hardware problem, but here is either the software, or the BIOS, or the drivers?

alexhawker likes this.
  4. Aaron44126

Aaron44126 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Well, a little silly and confusing, but if it works, it works...

This tool can be used from the command line to disable and enable a device, without having to pop open Device Manager.
    (You could make yourself a batch script and set it to run at startup to automatically disable and enable the device for good measure.)
    https://www.nirsoft.net/articles/disable-enable-uninstall-device-command-line.html

5. jkrzyszt

Reputations:
    Thanks for the hint in the topic.
    Unfortunately for me this is not the solution.

It's like having a car and its engine usually works fine, but if it works badly, you should turn it off and turn it on, about 2-3 times for 10 starts.

Somewhere there is a problem, I don't know where, changing the BIOS has improved something but not permanently, maybe some combination of drivers and BIOS is causing something.

6. RGS_P2B

RGS_P2B Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm a new user to this forum.

This past December I had the need to replace my old Dell laptop, and I found a good deal on a remanufactured Dell Precision 7510. Short of maxing out the memory, it has been a great system for me. But in the light of requirements put out by Microsoft, I have found that my processor will not allow for me to upgrade to Windows 11. The processor I currently have, which is a 2.80 gigahertz Intel Xeon E3-1505M v5, needs to be at least an 8th gen processor. Now I have read that the CPU is soldered to the Mobo. So the only way to upgrade the CPU is to also do the same for the Mobo. What I've not yet found are my Mobo & CPU options. What is the max CPU and Mobo that I can install in my system? Does anyone happen to have a s/n for the CPU & Mobo for what you would recommend? Thanks in advance for any help.

7. atrax0

atrax0 Newbie

Reputations:
    Just install Windows 11, it works on my precision 7510 with Intel 6820HQ.
    You just have to upgrade the firmware of the TPM to 2.0 and enable UEFI, etc. in your Bios.

RGS_P2B likes this.
  8. Aaron44126

Reputations:
    7510 only offers 6th gen CPUs and Windows 11 is currently requiring 8th gen. You could install a 7520 motherboard and get a 7th gen CPU, but a 7530 motherboard for 8th gen would not fit.
    That said, the official requirements for Windows 11 are, shall we say, ridiculous. People already have the Windows 11 preview working on much older systems than this, without issue, and the only hassle being the small step needed to bypass the TPM requirement check at install time. (There currently is no CPU requirement check in the installer.) It literally "just works" otherwise. I fully expect that it will work fine in the 7510 without having to swap out the CPU.

Just hang tight. I'll be posting detailed information about what is required on this board (right in the Vostro/Latitude/Precision section) around two weeks before the Windows 11 official launch (which will probably be in October). Can't do it right now because it's still not clear how hard Microsoft is going to stick to the requirements that they posted, in terms of actually enforcing them in the installer.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
    RGS_P2B likes this.
  9. pseudodeed

pseudodeed Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello, i have an upgraded Laptop with a nvidia quadro m4000m gpu forum 7510. I have some issues with the old vBios. I have the Black Screen problem.
    Please can anybody share the vbios form the nvidia quadro m4000m gpu forum 7510?
    I will test it if there will be sove my problems.
    Thanks
    Best regards

10. Aaron44126

Reputations:
    Precision 7510 does not have M4000M GPU as an option; 7710 does.