The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Precision 7510 Owner's Thread

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by scrlk, Oct 23, 2015.

1. aaronled76

aaronled76 Newbie

Reputations:
    This was just pointed out to me in another thread... Look at the configuration page (not the page where you are building the system). Scroll down to the 'Ports' section...it's says it there. This means I will have to wait - as that's a feature I was after...

2. Meng Jin

Meng Jin Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Here is what I see from Dell US site.
    =========================================
    http://www.dell.com/us/business/p/precision-m7510-workstation/pd?oc=xctomp751015us

Ports

4 USB 3.0 with PowerShare
    1 Thunderbolt® 3 optional (coming Jan. 2016)
    1 mDP
    1 HDMI
    1 Headphone and microphone combo jack
    1 SmartCard Reader (optional)
    =========================================
    Actually, one of the picture of 7510 on Dell US site shows a machine without Thunderbolt 3 port.
    I also confirmed with a Dell sales rep that Thunderbolt 3 port is not available for now. Though a little bit disappointing, it is not a deal breaker for me.
    One of the reasons I like Thunderbolt 3 port is that it is an all-in-one port for power and data, but 7510 needs much more power than 100w. Also, Thunderbolt 3 peripherals need some time, maybe 2-3 years, to grow in the market, at that time, I may consider a newer laptop anyway.

3. Aaron44126

Aaron44126 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    It says it on the site (mentioned in the post above) and was also confirmed by Dell_Mano_G (Dell employee, Precision product manager) in the Next Generation Precision press release thread.

4. mr_handy

mr_handy Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thanks, folks. Managed to miss that. Looks like I'll be holding off on ordering one of these. Am waiting to see what the real as-configured weight and price on the 7710 work out as, regardless.

(I saw the mentions of it in other threads, but not where it was coming from or the formal dell confirmation -- the Press Release thread has gotten really long. :D)

5. nords41

nords41 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  6. Afy

Afy Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Spec wise this would have been my ideal laptop had they offered the UHD IGZO Touch Enabled. But alas they don't..

7. Aaron44126

Aaron44126 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Thunderbolt and the mini-DisplayPort port should both work for 4K/60Hz. Also if you use the E-Port dock, you get one or two full sized DisplayPort ports (depending on which dock it is), which can drive 4K/60Hz.

nords41 likes this.
  8. epsilon72

epsilon72 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So - has anyone here actually ordered one yet?

9. scrlk

scrlk Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm holding off for the time being. Dell UK pricing isn't that favourable for me yet, plus I don't want to deal with any issues (M4800 Linux keyboard bug took months to fix).

10. herrantti

herrantti Newbie

Reputations:
    Does anyone know can you change the internal keyboard easily in future? I am planning to order the new Dell Precision 7510 from dell.co.uk but it seems that there is no a option to change the keyboard layout from UK/Irish to Swedish/Finnish. I am living in Finland and it seems really difficult to get any response from Dell's Finnish side about the laptop availability. Sweden already has the laptop in their collection but sadly they are not shipping to Finland..